What is DUT online application?
The Durban University of Technology is carrying out the admission process for their respective departments. There are several programs within the organization that can be applied for. The university focuses on making a career for students and works towards their overall development, including their intellectual growth.
Almost 33000 students already visit the Durban University of Technology. For students, it is the number one choice for higher education in KwaZulu-Natal. They have accounting and informatics, applied sciences, arts and design, engineering & built environment, health, and management sciences as departments.
They have in total five campuses located in Steve Biko, City Campus, ML Sultan, Indumiso, and Riverside Campus. To apply online, students must complete the online application form and attach documents fulfilling the eligibility requirements. Read more about the details presented here.
DUT online application 2023 closing date/deadline?
Usually, students get a long period to apply for their courses. Even now, the application is open and will remain open until 30th September.
However, it is wise to reach out to the CAO office to confirm the dates for the different diploma and degree programs. There could be some kind of change, and it is better to know if dates have been extended or even revised in some other way. For higher certificate programs, you can reach them until November 30th.
If you join for a diploma, you will need the following documents for DUT online application;
- You will need at least 50% in three separate subjects’ alongwith English.
- Three compulsory vocational subjects will at least need to have a 60% average.
- You will need to be within the age range specified by them for admissions.
For a bachelor’s degree, you will need the following documents;
- You must have at least 60% in three fundamental subjects.
- For four compulsory vocational subjects selected from the National Certificate Level 4, you will need to get at least 70% in the subjects.
International applicants will need to check the brochure for details.
Those who want to join DUT online application can either opt for a diploma or a bachelor’s degree.
- Identity documents must be tagged as attached certified copies.
- A Grade 12 certificate is also essential.
There are several essential documents that need to reach them along with your application and they are;
- An indemnity form
- A surety form
- M65 DUT deposit slip
- Bank details for essential electronic transfers
Students will need to provide two passport size photographs and also the first two pages of their certified document.
How to apply for DUT online?
To apply for a course at Durban University of Technology (DUT), you must follow the following steps;
- You must apply online via the CAO platform (Central Applications Office).
- To complete the CAO form, visit their site and click on the Apply tab.
- Choose the ID number or passport number (for international students) to start your application.
- Choose the Apply Now tab and then complete the different sections of the online application form.
- Add your personal information, education related details, any awards or honors related information and also incorporate your identity information.
- Once you are done with the information, click on the Submit tab to provide them with all the essential details necessary for considering your application.
For health science subjects, once you have applied, you will need to call the departmental secretary office at (031) 373 2514, email them at gilli[email protected] or you can even fax them at 0866740451 to fix your interview and test dates.
DUT online application fee
Pay the appropriate application fee of R250 as scheduled for South African citizens and R300 as scheduled for international applicants.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check the DUT application status?
To check the DUT application status, you will need to visit the Durban University of Technology (DUT) site.
- Enter your CAO number/ID number/Passport number.
After you have entered it, cross check it for accuracy and then click on the Submit tab.
What are the bank details where you have to send the money?
You need to enter the bank details as given here for the external fund transfer (EFT) for the non-refundable fee required for applying;
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Account #: 050505416
- Branch Name: ABC Durban
- Swift Code: SBZAZAJJ
- Customer ID: 026Z
- Your reference code will be your student number
You can send your slip/EFT/internet advice to the fax number given here: 031-3735440 or 031-3732653.
By when can you know about the DUT application decision?
Once your CAO application form gets submitted and your interview is done, you will get the decision from the selection committee within two to three weeks’ time.
If you want to apply for DUT, read this article for more information on the requirements, eligibility, and other important information. Also, know more about deadlines and the payment process for your application. Make sure you make the right choices when it comes to choosing your stream. Choose the subjects you are interested in and are good at to apply for and secure a seat for higher studies.