What is child support grant online application?
The social grant application launched by SASSA is a pilot project to provide social grants to the elderly, child support, and foster child grants. These are relief grants aimed at helping COVID-19 individuals. The online application process is implemented to reduce the challenges of direct contact with people during the pandemic. The online process can be executed from a computer as well as a mobile phone.
Child supports are being distributed for children born after 31st December 1993. When a family is applying for a child support grant, they cannot apply for more than six children. The applicant and the child must both be residents of South Africa.
How to apply for SASSA child grant online application?
The SASSA child support grant online application can be found on the official site. As you visit the site, here’s what you need to do.
- Register with the site by filling an application form consisting of the name, password, username, and mobile number details.
- Once done, click on the Apply for a grant tab and select Child Support from the section.
- Upload your South African bar-coded ID, childbirth certificate, and three-month salary slip, or unemployment insurance fund.
- Fill in your details, and then fill in your child’s details.
If more than three children in your family need caregiving then you have to fill three application forms.
What are the Child Grant application Requirements?
The child grant application has several requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- The applicant has to be 18 years and above to qualify for the grant.
- The applicant or the child should not be in a care institute of any type.
- The child is with a primary caregiver who does not receive any payments for caring for the child.
- The grant can be given for only six children, and they mustn’t be your biological children or legally adopted children.
How to check Child Support Grant Application Status Online?
Once you are logged into the Child support grant application site, you will have to click on the track my application option from the left side of the bar.
- Add the Reference number
- Click on the submit tab
Your application status will be revealed in few seconds.
The child support grant is R460, and the grant is given for three months when applied. You can buy groceries, food, and other requirements for the child using the SASSA grant.
To conclude, we can say that you can apply for the child aid provided by the SASSA grants if you are currently not in a favorable position. The article explains the SASSA child support grant that can help you with the application process.