Covid-19 has wreaked havoc and a lot is lost in the process. Every day different governments are announcing newer programs to ensure the poorer sections are earning in the best ways. Recently the Malaysian Finance Minister, Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz announced a new plan called the BKM application.
The BKM application is financial aid being given to the poor class and low-income groups of Malaysia. There were aids given previously in Malaysia and includes, Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP), Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH), Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia (BR1M), Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN), Bantuan Khas Covid-19 (BKP) and many others as given in the previous years.
The application process is open from 01st January 2022 to 31st January 2022. Anyone eligible can start the application process immediately to qualify for the funding.
Steps for BKM Application Online
To apply for the BKM application, first, check if you are eligible and if you are, then here’s what you must do to complete the application process.
- Visit the BKM portal and sign in.
- If you do not have an account, you can create a new one by adding your MyKad number.
- Once you have added the number, you will get to the main registration form where you must fill in every detail.
- Add relevant documents and complete the process of application.
- After adding the MyKad number, add your name, age, gender, telephone number, profession, address, state, and other address details.
- Add your bank account details and upload all your documents. The file size should not be more than 3 MB and a maximum of three documents can be attached.
- You must provide the information of the representative and further, tap on the proceed tab.
- Complete the captcha and click on the ‘Hantar’ tab to send and complete the application form.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this aid and to fill out the BKM application, you can be under one of the following categories.
For a household and single senior, the earnings must be R5000 or lesser.
For a single individual, the earnings must be R2500 or less.
BKM Application Requirements
There are several requirements like the MyKad number, a government ID and proof of your monthly income are a must and need to be submitted with the BKM application form.
How much is the amount?
If you qualify, you can get R2000 with an R2500 or less household income and with three or more children.
Single citizens can get R350 if they have an income of R2500 or less.
Additionally, one gets R500 for single parents.
If you are interested in applying for the BKM funds, you need to fill the BKM application. To apply, you must be clear with what you need to fill. Read the terms and conditions carefully and also read this blog for developing a better idea.