HDB (Housing & Development Board) has recently launched 4,989 BTO units all across seven locations in Singapore. New HDB BTO flats will be available in Queenstown (610 flats), Jurong East (569 flats), Hougang (1,335 flats), Kallang-Whampoa (316 flats), and Tampines (2,159 flats).
There are four BTO launches every year (in February, May, August, and November). The last one was from 30th August 2022 (Tuesday) to 5th September 2022 (Monday) and was up for sale and are live now and the balloting is open now.
Only one application is invited for all and in November 2022, almost 9500 flats will be available in Bukit Batok, Kallang Whampoa, Queenstown, Tengah and Yishun.
In February 2023, HDB will offer about 2900 – 3900 BTO flats in towns/estates such as Kallang Whampoa, Queenstown and Tengah.
How to get BTO application form?
BTO application forms can be obtained whenever they open the application window. You can get the BTO application form here.
How do I apply for BTO application?
After you have got your money now, it’s essential to send the BTO application for the flat. Follow the below process to proceed with the application.
- Start your application by logging into the BTO site.
2. Choose the type of flat you wish to purchase from them. They will list the names of the places where these build-to-order flats will be currently available right when you are applying. In this segment, choose the flat type you need. The drop down will showcase the flat types available in that place.
3. After you choose the flat type, you will find the details about that particular file type’s details. Click on the login option to sign in to your site. After completing the sign in, you will be able to fill up the BTO application form.
Add your personal details and also a bit about your job and income. Enter all your family details including the number of people who’d be staying with you in the flat.
You will also need to include their identification details alongside your current address.
BTO application rate
The application rate varies every time. Last August, the Geylang BTO was oversubscribed with an application rate of 19.1 for 4-room flats.
What does BTO application rate mean?
The BTO application rate means the number of applications received divided by the flat supply. An application rate of 3 means that for one flat there are 3 applicants.
BTO application process
You have to first and foremost apply for your BTO and then check the outcome of the ballot. Next, you have to get your queue number and shortlist your flat before the first HDB appointment. After this, you will have to go down to the HDB for the first appointment to choose your unit and then pay the down payment during the second appointment. Finally, you will get your keys.
BTO application eligibility?
Eligibility for BTO applications include the following:
- At least one applying person should be a citizen of Singapore and a permanent resident.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old and not less than that.
- Applicants who own any other residential property locally or overseas or have disposed such property within the past 30 months would not be eligible.
- The income ceiling is $14,000.
There are several requirements that a BTO flat aspirant must keep in mind when sending the BTO application.
- Marriage certificate
- Fire insurance certificate from ETIQA
- Latest CPF statements
- Completed GIRO forms
- Survey fee of $150 to $375.
- There may also be a need to pay the registration fee of $38 and stamp duty.
Taking these flats compared to other kinds of flats is beneficial for many. Find out what they can provide you with.
- Lower flat prices
- Nicely designed flats and communities with premium facilities.
- The new flat offers 99-year lease.
- Lesser down payments.
- Higher grants offset for higher prices.
- Shorter wait time for possession.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long does it take for processing the BTO flats?
It takes almost three weeks to process the BTO application and for SBF almost six weeks. Once your application is approved, you will get a notification via mail.
Why have BTO flats become so expensive?
The construction costs have gone higher due to the COVID scenario and since then has been as such due to inflation. This led to increased flat costs by BTO.
Here is everything you will need to know about buying of BTO flats. If you plan to take a BTO flat you will need to know more about the process to make a successful purchase of a BTO flat. Build-to-order flats are the most efficient way to get a home in Singapore and are designed to support Singaporeans.