Capricorn TVET College offers Nated and NCV education programmes for different fields, which include engineering studies, general studies, business studies, and other utility studies. There are different campuses available for students who wish to join Capricorn College. For the 2023 applications, the following campuses were open for admission: Polokwane, Senwabarwana, Ramokgopa, and Seshego Campus.
From July 1 to July 31, 2022, Capricorn College’s online admissions for 2023 were open. Currently, there are no open courses from them. The Capricorn College comes under the TVET college units, and to have a course, you must register an account with them.
The TVET college units are already done with 2023 applications, and they will again open for 2024 applications. If you want to be ready for next year’s admission period, you must have a clear idea of what you are looking at.
Consider reading this entire article to learn more about the Capricorn college application process.
Capricorn TVET college application 2023 closing dates
The closing date for the Capricorn TVET College for the next year was 31st July 2022.
How do I apply at Capricorn TVET College?
To apply for the Capricorn TVET College, you must use these steps as guidance for getting your work done.
- First, visit the Capricorn college website to start the online application.
- Add your essential details, including personal information, educational details, and other related requirements.
- You must add your fee and include the fee proof to your application.
- Include a year-end school report, an NQF 1 qualification application, approval for a bridging programme to move to NQF level 2, RPL assessment details, and grade 9 and 10 application details.
- You can also download the application, complete it, attach all required documents, and send it to the campuses where you want to study.
- Additionally, go to any of the respective campuses and then purchase an application form from them.
Check www.capriconcollege.edu.za online application status.
The online application status for Capricorn College and its campuses can be checked by simply logging into the application portal.
Capricorn TVET College fees details
The college fee details for the Capricorn TVET college campuses (Polokwane, Seshego, and Senwabarwana) will include the following fees:
|College Fee Type
|R 8 000.00
To refer to different fee structures for the Capricorn TVET College, you must use the link for all other course types.
Capricorn TVET college courses
These are the following college courses that you can attempt:
|Transport, tourism, and logistics, society’s safety, hospitality, and education-related studies
|Process Plant Operations, Information Technology and Computer Science, Engineering and Related Design, Mechatronics, Drawing Office Practice, Civil Engineering and Building Construction, Electrical Infrastructure Construction
|Marketing, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Management, and Office Administration
For NATE courses, here is what you must do:
|Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil
|Tourism, hospitality, catering, education
|Management studies in public, marketing, management, human resource, business, and financial streams
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Capricorn funded by NSFAS?
The NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) funds Capricorn TVET institutions. Those who get admission to Capricorn can always apply for NSFAS. For the study year 2023, the NSFAS application period runs from September 28th, 2022 to February 7th, 2023.
Students who can apply for NSFAS will need to fulfil the following conditions:
- Every South African citizen can apply for it.
- Those who receive SASSA grants can apply for NSFAS aid.
- Applicants with a combined household income of R350 000 per year are eligible to apply.
- Students who started their studies by 2018 can apply for the aid if their total family income is less than R 122,000 per year.
Students will need to submit their original birth certificates, academic results, parent’s income proof, death certificates of deceased parents or guardians, and a physician’s certificate for permanently disabled patients.
NASFAS funds will cover accommodation facilities for urban areas up to R 24000 and peri-urban areas up to R 18900 a year, and for rural areas, they will cover R 15750 a year.
Transport charges of Rs 7350 are provided for a distance of 40 km from the institution, as well as Rs 7000 per year for transport charges.
Every year, an incidental or personal allowance of Rs 2900 is paid.
Is Capricorn College open for 2023 applications?
Capricorn is currently closed for the 2023 applications and will only open next year for the 2024 applications.
All that you need to know about the Capricorn College application process is here for your reference. If you want to understand more about it, refer to this article. Apart from understanding the Capricorn College application process, you can learn more about NSFAS facilities here.