Studying in the United Kingdom is one of those dreams that students can never let go of. But the paramount monetary requirement often forces students to give up on their dreams. Most people who want to go to the UK for study completion, therefore, search around themselves for different scholarship programs.
Chevening scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships in this aspect. Students try every year to get through this scholarship program. To know more about the Chevening scholarship, read this article thoroughly.
Why do people prefer the Chevening scholarships?
Solely due to the funding amount which goes towards an entire year’s study duration in any of the subjects chosen by the student applying for it.
The different part-time and full-time courses covered by the Chevening scholarship program include the following;
- For full-time courses:
- The scholarship is granted for master’s degree courses based in the United Kingdom.
- Autumn term courses begin in September or October.
- Part-time courses alongwith distance learning courses include:
- Courses that span more than 12 months and less than 9 months.
- For Ph.D. or DPhil courses
- Courses for which the student has to stay out of the United Kingdom for a month.
What is Chevening Scholarship?
This scholarship program is one of the most sought after scholarships in the world. Under this scholarship program, students can migrate to the United Kingdom for certain types of courses. The scholarship is offered by the UK and is globally recognized. The scholarship is open to every country and any student interested in studying in the UK for a year can apply for the scholarship program.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility for the scholarship application will need one to fulfill the following criteria.
- Students must come from a Chevening-eligible country or any of their selected territories.
- After completing their term, they will be expected to return to your country, at least for a minimum of two years before moving anywhere else.
- For admission into postgraduate programs, you must have completed all the different segments of your undergraduate program.
- To get selected, you must exhibit leadership skills, excellence in academics, and a never-say-die attitude.
Certain factors which are essential for other admission processes are not important for Chevening scholarships like;
What are the Chevening scholarship Application Requirements?
The application requirements include;
- Proof of your academic qualifications.
- Essential reference letters for the scholarship program
- You will also need an offer made without any conditions to you by anyone of the UK Universities.
- A minimum of 2800 hours or two years of work experience is a must. Check the official website for understanding if your work experience will get counted.
Chevening scholarship application Online Process
The Chevening scholarship application opens on 22nd August 2022 and aims for the 2023 scholarship.
- You have to start by creating an online account and will need to register yourself first at https://www.chevening.org/apply/.
- The registration process includes filling in the details as mentioned in the screenshots.
- Once you have completed the process, the application will be a slightly lengthier process than usual.
With the amount, you can get the following benefits.
- It will cover the tuition fees of the University program you join.
- Students will also receive a monthly stipend for supporting their life for a year in the United Kingdom.
- On-arrival allowances and travel costs from both sides.
- Homeward departure allowances and the visa application cost for an entire year.
- Chevening activity-related travel costs are also paid to the student by the scholarship fund.
- You have the facility to join 50,000 strong Chevening scholars as and when you win the scholarship.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How much is the Chevening scholarship worth?
The total value of the Chevening scholarship is £30,000 with £18,000 moving towards the tuition fees of the University for a one-year program.
Is Chevening scholarship fully funded?
It covers the tuition fees, and also all other charges required for managing the scholarship during the span bound by course duration.
Chevening scholarship comes with a range of benefits for those who apply for it. It’s a wholesome scholarship program that covers your stay entirely. This article covers the application requirement and eligibility details along with the benefits of getting the scholarship.