Many students aspire to study undergraduate programs in prestigious institutions. Unfortunately, some of them cannot afford it and leave their dream to pursue further education. It happens because most undergraduate courses are expensive. Gladly, some universities provide scholarships, especially to help needy students complete their education.
Coolidge offers several courses under their scholarships. These courses are fully funded. Also, there are remarkable benefits of their scholarships. So, let’s understand its application process, eligibility, and requirements. But first, we’ll learn what the Coolidge scholarship actually is.
What is the Coolidge Scholarship?
Coolidge Scholarship is the presidential scholarship that pays for students’ tuition fees, board, and room expenses. Also, students get fee coverage for four years of their undergraduate courses. Qualified and selected applicants can get Coolidge Scholarship for any American University. The most excellent factor of this scholarship is that anyone can apply to this non-partisan program.
So, aspiring students must start applying when they are in their high school junior year. Furthermore, finalists assemble at Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch to conduct interview sessions with Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury. Finally, the jury announces the winners of the scholarship. As a result, students get notifications of their application status when they are in the final semester of junior year.
Now, you know everything about this scholarship and how it works. So, read further and learn its application process.
How to apply for Coolidge Scholarship?
The scholarship application for the academic year 2023 is now live on the Coolidge Scholarship online portal. So, interested candidates must apply now.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for the application process:
- New users accessing the application website must sign up first. Others can continue logging in.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and read all the essential information.
- Start filling out the personal details, such as first & last names, email ID, contact number, etc.
- Provide all the required documents.
- Click on ‘Submit.’
Applicants must ensure that they submit all valid documents. Failure to do so can lead to application rejection. So, let’s look at the Coolidge Scholarship’s application requirements.
What are the application requirements?
Every application process has specific requirements. Only candidates who meet them get qualified. Similarly, the Coolidge Scholarship application has some prerequisites. Moreover, the requirements for each scholarship differ. So, we’ll look at the primary application conditions.
- Students must be in high school and completing their education at an accredited university.
- Students should produce United States or Puerto Rico identity documents.
- Students must provide a legal United States or Puerto Rico resident document.
- Students can submit their achievements, certificates, and volunteer work updates while applying.
- Special requirements to be fulfilled for Davidson Fellows Scholarships for 18+ students.
Above is the list of application requirements. Let’s also glance at Coolidge Scholarship’s eligibility criteria.
Who is eligible?
The all-expenses-paid Coolidge Scholarship isn’t easy to receive. Students must be highly eligible to acquire this award. So, let’s discuss the eligibility criteria.
- Only students studying in their high school’s junior year are eligible for this qualification. Consequently, these students can join the college for the academic year 2023-2024.
- Eligible students must be legal American residents.
- Students’ parents applying for Coolidge Scholarship should not be trustees or employees of the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
How much is the Coolidge Scholarship?
You will see a wide variety of courses from Coolidge Scholarships programs. So, their cost also varies.
Let’s look at several Coolidge Scholarships and their cost.
- No Essay Nitro Scholarship: $2000.
- Be Bold Scholarship: $25,016.
- ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship: $1,000.
- Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship: $2,000.
- SP Scholarship: $2,500.
- Cappex Easy Money Scholarship: $1,000.
- 10 Words or Less Scholarship: $1,000.
- Davidson Fellows Scholarships: $50,000.
- Coast Guard Exchange Scholarship Program: $2,000
- Tillman Scholarship: $40,000
Receiving Coolidge Award is a one-time golden opportunity. Students qualifying for this scholarship must select one program. Furthermore, they will get full-fee coverage. A prestigious jury selects the award winner. Additionally, according to Coolidge’s policy, students whose parents or close relatives work at the organization aren’t eligible for Coolidge Scholarship.
Visit ‘coolidgescholars.org’ for more updates about the Coolidge Scholarship. Apply now because the deadline for the application is 23 February 2023.
What is the Coolidge Scholarship acceptance rate?
The Coolidge Scholarship has many causes. So, the acceptance rate for each program differs. Significantly, Coolidge selects only ten students per course.
Is the Coolidge Scholarship worth it?
Winning Coolidge Scholarship is definitely worth it and is also challenging. Students who select for this program get ample benefits. Also, these scholarships cover all their expenses.
How many Coolidge Scholarships are awarded each year?
Coolidge selects three to four students every year for this scholarship. The rest 100 candidates get the chance to become Coolidge Senators.