For those who have always loved Disney world, how will it be if you could work and live there and also earn from them? The program is one of a kind offered by Disney. Rigorous, competitive, and tough, the Disney College Program will take a lot of preparation from your end.
It is one of the most different education types and if you want to benefit from the program, you must know what will serve you well in the program. It benefits most of the creative people who are most often the ones trying to find a secluded place for themselves.
The Disney college program is not accredited by any University and even Disney is not a deemed university. Most of the courses are delivered by learned professionals and Disney is not regionally or nationally accredited.
What is Disney College Program?
To be in a Disney course, you need to be enrolled in a full-time course in the US. It could also be that the students have graduated from an accredited university in the past years’ time. It will either be a part of the original degree program that you have undertaken or will be in sync with it.
Also, it could be that your course is in partnership with Disney University and you can have an opportunity to be paid for the internship program.
The course is offered in person in Anaheim, California close to Disneyland and Lake Buena Vista, Florida near the Walt Disney World. The classes are organized close to the theme parks and being in Disney alongwith a paycheck seems no less than a dream.
You can join their college program, culinary program or international program.
|Disney college program||Disney culinary program||Disney International program|
|National internship for US residents||Work in different areas of cooking through this program||Anyone can enter through any of the three gateways as mentioned below.|
|It will provide access to training and cast membership programs.||It is the best in-class training program that one can to prepare oneself in the best ways for cooking careers ahead||There are three different programs: Cultural Representative Program, Academic Exchange Program, Cultural Exchange Program|
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility for the Disney college program includes fulfilling the following;
- You need to be more than 18 or an adult as per your state’s laws to pursue this program.
- A semester with an accredited program in a US college is a must. It could also be that you have graduated from the organization within a year.
- You must be a citizen of the US or have an unrestricted US work authorization with either an F-1 or a J-1 visa.
- Specify the areas of work that might interest you while you are working with Disney.
What are the Application Requirements?
Application requirements are the following for the Disney education programs.
|Disney College Program||Disney Culinary program|
|You must be enrolled in a course in the US or have already graduated from an accredited university.||One must be 18 years old at the time of application.|
|At least one semester must be completed before applying for this course.||An individual should have US work authorization.|
|You should be 18 and above for filing the application.||GPA or grade level requirements have to be met|
|Complete work authorization must be available to the student during the program duration.||Regulatory food standard guidelines must be mentioned or talked about|
|To meet the requirements, the grades or GPA scores required should match.||After their last departure, there has to be a 4-month gap in between.|
|Disney International Programs|
|Cultural Exchange Program||Cultural Representative Program||Academic Exchange Program|
|You must be an adult and must be 18 or above.||Individuals should be fluent in English.||One has to return to the program one joined in their hometown.|
|Individuals applying must be fluent in English.||For the cultural representative program, individuals must be 18 years old or above.||The individuals must be 18 years old or more for the academic exchange program.|
|Either will return for a minimum of one turn or must participate soon after graduation.||The individual must represent a typical culture, tradition, or history from a specific region that inspires the creation of resorts, theme parks and pavilions.||They should be fluent in English to be able to participate in the program.|
|Must be from the member countries of Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Australia, France, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Turkey, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.||You can know more by contacting the groups that deal with this transition.||Contact your exchange partnership unit for information about the program.|
Disney college Program Application Online Process
To apply, you must create an account first with them. The online account will provide a space for adding the username and password.
You can also do login using your LinkedIn credentials.
To create a new account, you must add the username and password including the answers to three different questions.
Once you create an account you can go ahead and select the type of application you wish to fill for yourself.
- Include your personal details along with your current education details.
- Mention your program structure and the number of semesters you have completed.
- Add your education history and your work experience, if any.
- Insert the reason as to why you wish to be a part of the reason.
- Tag your CV and cover letter for Disney’s scrutiny of your application form.
If you have grown up watching Walt Disney movies, you will know that there are a few eternal characters that stay with us forever.
- You can move into the theme park and look through its new attractions.
- Mickey’s Retreat is within your reach.
- Join their wellness programs and on-site health fairs and the seminars
- Know more about life management services and move ahead with clubs, instructional and educational programs as well as sports leagues.
- You can be a part of the credit union membership program.
- One-of-a-kind holiday celebration opportunities are available for everyone on campus.
- Out of 50, 000 applicants, almost 12000 applicants join Disney every year. You can have a lot of people around you who can help you better.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do you get paid for Disney college program?
Most of the Disney college programs are paid in nature and interns can have some cash to maintain themselves within their campuses.
What GPA do you need for Disney college program?
A GPA of 2.0 is a must and they do not accept a 1.999 GPA score ever this GPA score must be gained by the time you leave Florida or California.
Is it hard to get into the Disney college program?
Out of roughly 50, 000 applicants, only 12,000 applicants get through which means the competition is extremely cut-throat. If you wish to be in their program, ensure you check with your exchange units or the degree college program designed to know your program better to reduce the chances of rejection.
How long is the Disney college program application process?
There are several application steps for the Disney college program.
- The job application process is the first step.
- Once you submit it, if they find you fit, you will go through a phone screening.
- If you pull through the phone screening, you will have to report to an assessment centre where you will need to give some tests alongside other candidates who qualify.
- Finally, you must attend the in-person interview.
This entire process can take somewhere between two to three weeks to two to three months.
Is Disney college program accepting applications?
Currently, applications are open for the following programs: Disney College Program,
- Disney College Program
- Culinary Program
- International Program from Disney
If you join their program, you can learn a great deal from them. Most people, who are encouraged by their use of knowledge, often love to continue with them. Even otherwise, if interns wish to move out they can make a far more enriching career due to the knowledge they carry home with them from these programs.