What is the DSNAP Louisiana application?
The DSNAP stands for the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. This program is aimed at assisting low to moderate-income individuals who are eligible for the assistance. The individual who will apply for the DSNAP Louisiana application with receive SNAP benefits. These benefits will help them buy groceries due to loss or decrease in income following a disaster or damage.
How to apply for DSNAP Louisiana Application?
The process to apply for the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program also called the DSNAP is as follows:
- Visit the official website of DSNAP by clicking on the link: www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/360.
- After that click on the disasters tab on the top middle tab.
- On that page go to the “Online Pre-Registration” section and click on “online through the CAFÉ customer portal” which has a hyperlink attached to it.
- After that create your account on CAFÉ and pre-register to DSNAP to apply for assistance.
The application requirements for the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program also called the DSNAP are as follows:
- You must pre-register for DSNAP so that you are eligible for assistance.
- You are required to extend your name, date of birth and SSN also called the Social Security Number for each member of the household.
- The head of the family will be required to provide his or her Driver’s License or State issued ID number when applicable.
- Additionally, you will also be required to provide your address and mailing address separately, if they are different.
To be eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program also called the DSNAP you will need to follow these steps:
- You will have to be a member and resident of the state of Louisiana and provide proof concerning the same.
- Additionally, you will be required to furnish documents to prove that you belong to the low or moderate-income group in the state.
DSNAP Louisiana income limits
The DSNAP Louisiana Income limits are as follows:
- If your Household Size is 1 your maximum gross monthly income should be less than $1383 and net income $1064.
- If the household size is 2 the gross monthly limit is $1868 and the net limit $1437.
- For a household of 3 people, the gross income is $2353 and net $1810.
- And finally, for a household of 4 people, the gross monthly income is $2839 and the net monthly income is $2184.
How to Check Application Status?
You will be able to check your application status by logging into the DSNAP website by clicking on the above link.
Disaster SNAP benefits Louisiana
The benefits of the Disaster SNAP benefits Louisiana are as follows:
- For a household size of 1 and 2, the DSNAP Allotment will be $234 and $430 respectively.
- For a household size of 3 and 4, the DSNAP allotment will be $616 and $782 respectively.
Is DSNAP available in Louisiana?
Yes, the DSNAP assistance is available in Louisiana.