If you are prepared to take on the role of Eagle Scout, you have to know how to fill out the two-page application form. It is the highest rank with the BSA (Boy Scouts of America). Only four percent of the BSA’s scouts have earned this qualification, and that too happens after a rigorous and lengthy application process. Only 2.5 million youth have been able to earn the Eagle Scout rank until now.
How do I apply for an Eagle Scout application?
Here is a link to the PDF application that you have to fill out.
Include your name, mailing address, age, gender, parents’ information, and any other necessary information.
- Sign the certification and then begin the verification procedure.
- Leave the following segments blank if you don’t have pertinent information around them: Varsity Scout team joining date, Venturing crew joining date, and Sea Scout ship joining date.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you will need to take a printout of the application. After that, you have to sign it, not electronically but with your hand.
- After completing the information and tagging all documents, you must send it to the Mayflower Council.
Requirements or Eligibility criteria
There are several requirements or eligibility criteria that must be met in order to achieve the Eagle Scout rank.
- You will need to be a life scout for at least six months before you can send in your application for the Eagle Scouts.
- Your Scout spirit will be measured, followed by your Scout’s oath and law.
- Assimilate six essential references from various segments of your life. You must know their names, phone numbers, email addresses, and other contact details.
- A minimum of 21 merit badges, including 13 essential for Eagle, must be acquired.
- After taking up the life scout job, you need to serve in the position for a span of six months.
- The Eagle Scout Service Project needs to be completed.
- Everyone needs to submit their outside positions and responsibilities, including awards and honors.
- Write an Eagle Scout statement where you include your ambitions and life’s purpose.
- You must have been a part of a Scoutmaster conference.
What is the Eagle Scout Rank application review process?
After a scout submits their Eagle application to the Mayflower Council, a thorough verification will be run by them. It will include a verification of the following points, primarily:
- The date on which one became a boy scout; review dates for first-class, star, and life ranks
- They would also review all the merit badges received by the scout cadet. During review, they would ascertain whether individuals applying have the necessary number of badges.
- For life, the position of responsibility must be held for six months.
- All necessary signatures, if present in the document,
Further, the district is assigned the application for processing, and then it goes to the scout executive and national office for processing.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long does it take to get the Eagle Scout certificate?
You can reach the Eagle Scout rank within two years, and it can take up to four to six years to earn. The most gruelling term is in the last three to six months.
How much does it take to become a scout?
It takes twenty-one scouting merit badges, seven scouting ranks, and a completed Eagle Service Project to become an Eagle Scout. Also, one must lead a troop and make way for the final Eagle Scout binder if they wish to successfully earn the Eagle Scout degree.
What is the age range for joining the Eagle Scouts?
A typical Eagle Scout must be 18 years old, and only those who have been granted a time extension for completing the Eagle Scout rank are eligible.You will not receive your Eagle ranks unless they are 18 years old.
A new scout attains the First Class rank and then moves up the ladder to become a Life Scout, followed by the Eagle Scout rank, which is their final destination. If you want to learn everything there is to know about becoming an Eagle Scout, this could be a good place to start.