FDNY is the Fire Fighter New York department where getting a job as a Firefighter means regularly checking the advertisement slots on their job board’s current opening segment.
There are other jobs too for which you can apply in the Fire Department and anything that you apply for, just check out the details before applying. New York Fire Department is one of the best places for firefighters to work. You will have to fill out the application and once done you have to undergo their written tests. After completing the written test if they finalize to go ahead with you, they will intimate you and you will be called for an interview.
Steps to Apply for FDNY Application
The exams are typically held four times a year and your FDNY application is for taking up their written exam and this is what you need to fill in.
- Personal information details
- Education-related information
- Previous job experiences
- Add your documents and other essential documents if any.
- Fill in your mailing address, email, and telephone details to confirm the process.
What are Application Requirements?
Application requirements for the FDNY application include fulfillment of the following;
- You will have to pass both the computer-based and physical ability test to start the application.
- Applicants will need to prove their identity and must have the right to work in the United States.
- Drug screening and psychological and medical tests must be taken by the candidate as they must qualify for all of them.
- Candidates have to agree to background verification and will need to demonstrate proof of good character.
- A motor vehicle driver’s license is a must for those who wish to apply.
- You must be a resident of any of the five boroughs of New York City namely Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, or Westchester County.
- You must complete Certified First Responder with Defibrillation Certificate (CFR-D) by the end of your probation.
Who is Eligible for FDNY Application?
FDNY application eligibility criteria include fulfilling the following;
- You must be a US citizen when appointed for the post.
- By the time of the appointment, you will need to be 21 years old.
- You must know good English as a language.
- Those who apply for the position must have a four-year high school diploma or its equivalent at least.
- You need at least 15-semester credits from an accredited university or college.
- If you were in the military service previously, you must be able to prove your honorable discharge from the position beforehand.
- You can also show a 6-month full-time job experience if any.
Benefits for the FDNY firefighter jobs include;
- Growth opportunities are plenty for a firefighter
- Work schedules are flexible for a firefighting position.
- Pension is a generous amount and is given off to everyone who retires with them.
- The job guarantees four weeks of paid vacations every year.
- Medical coverages are lifelong for you and your family.
Also Read: How to Apply for Jubilee Crossing Job?
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is FDNY hiring?
FDNY is hiring every four times a year and to be able to take up their jobs, you will need to take their exams. If interested, find out more about the job requirements from the article.
Is it hard to get into FDNY?
Based on the requirements, it is not an easy process to get into FDNY. But, if you can pass all their tests, you definitely will find it a cakewalk to enter a job position with FDNY.
How much does an FDNY firefighter make?
Usually, even though the starting salary for a firefighter is $45,196, after five years one can annually earn $100, 000 from the job.
How to Check FDNY Application Status?
Once they will complete the review of your application, you will receive a mail from them on the same. Similarly, if you are chosen, you will get an update on your application status whether you are selected or rejected for the offer.
Check this article to know more about the FDNY job-related requirements, benefits, and other details. If you have any questions, you can confirm from the FDNY website.