There are very few scholarships that are made to encourage the education and future of specially-abled children. One such scheme that stands out is the Gardiner scholarship program meant for students suffering from some of the difficult diseases in the state of Florida.
What is Gardiner Scholarship?
The scholarship is built to guide especially abled children to attain private schools in place of public schools. There is a waitlist for all the new students who get through the scholarship program. Every 30th June renewal families can take up the funding program and they are given priority in comparison to new candidates.
Who is Eligible for the Gardiner Scholarship Application?
To be eligible for the Gardiner scholarship application, you will have to fulfill the following conditions.
- You can apply for the scholarship if you are above three years of age and up to your 12th grade or 22 years of age whichever comes early.
- The family must be a resident of Florida and so should the kid.
- They must be enrolled in the IEP (Individual Education Plan) or must have a formal diagnosis from a licensed physician or psychologist.
- The individual must be suffering from any of the irrecoverable conditions. For a full list of the conditions refer to the list on the SUFS.org website.
Also Read: Chevening scholarship Application Process Guide
Gardiner scholarship application Process Guide
To apply for the Gardiner scholarship application, here is a bit about the process.
- Create an account with the platform if you already do not have one for yourself.
- Verify your account by clicking on the confirmation message sent to you in your mail.
- Choose 2021-2022 from the dropdown and then press on the Go-to application tab.
- Complete the application form by entering the student’s personal details along with their condition summary apart from the other essentials about the student.
- Submit the application along with all the supporting documentation.
What are the Application Requirements?
These are the following application requirements one must fulfill for the application.
- Sworn compliance statement for 2021-2022 must be completed and submitted for Step-Up for students.
- Residential proof of Florida needs to go in like the driver’s license issued after January 2019.
- Diagnosis documentation of the student from a physician or psychologist.
- Recent IEP from any of the public schools that the student visits.
The program offers $10,267 as an annual amount and for renewing the scholarship each year there is an eligibility check that is run for everyone who applied for the program. Students who suffer from severe disabilities can be eligible for a higher amount.
Also Read: QuestBridge Scholarship Application Process Guide
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does Gardiner scholarship pay for college?
Only an eligible account can be transferred for the Gardiner scholarship program and even though it typically does not pay for college, you can save up the scholarship amount for helping your child attend the prepaid college of their choice.
Is Gardiner scholarship income based?
The Gardiner scholarship is certainly not income-based but is primarily based on the different types of disabilities funded by the organization.
For the Gardiner scholarship scheme, there is also a list of places where you can use the scholarship amount. The amount can be used for procuring instructional and curriculum materials, tuition, and fees along with private tutoring costs, and also for taking up approved online courses. There is a whole list of things that you can do with this amount.