Everyone knows what a lottery is. For a small investment, you get a chance to win a huge amount of money, and that too, legally. That’s the best part about the lottery. More or less, it is about luck. But what you are going to read is not any simple lottery with monetary gains.
This lottery comes with a chance to live the American dream. So, if you identify yourself as the one dreaming to live the American dream, then this article is just for you.
What is Green Card Lottery Application?
The green card lottery yearly selects 55,000 immigrants and grants them, Green Card, thus enabling them to live their dream. The best part is that you don’t have to have exceptional qualifications to be eligible either. The luckiest of the lucky 55,000 people have their names announced annually between May and June.
Also known as DV Lottery, it randomly selects 55,000 people from 10-12 million applicants.
How To Apply For Application?
Follow these simple steps to go through the application process of Green Card Lottery:
- Visit www.state.gov.
- Then, click on “Visas”.
- After that, on the right-hand side, you will find “DV Program- USCIS Website”. Click on it.
- Then, you will be redirected to a new page. There, fill the form I-485. The instructions regarding the form fill-up are all given on the webpage.
What Are The Green Card Lottery Application Requirements?
Below are the requirements for applying for Green Card Lottery:
- The applicant should have been born in a country whose citizens have received less than 50,000 Green Cards.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old at the time of application.
- The applicant must have a US high school or equivalent qualification. Or the applicant must have at least 2 years’ worth of professional experience as a qualified professional.
Who is Eligible For Application?
Any person who fulfills all the criteria mentioned in the previous section is eligible to apply for the Green Card Lottery program.
What Is The Cost Of the Green Card Lottery?
To apply for the Green Card Lottery, you need to spend $330 per person. This $330 is non-refundable under any circumstance, whether the VISA is issued or not.
What Is The Deadline For the Green Card Lottery 2022 Application?
The Green Card Lottery 2022 application was received from October 6, 2021, to November 9, 2021. So, there’s not much time left. Only a few hours and then you will have to wait for the next year. Hence, if you are serious about living the American Dream, then submit your application before the deadline and with correct personal information.
So since you have known everything about the application process, now it’s time to take a step forward towards fulfilling the American Dream. The first step towards it is to apply to Green Card Lottery. So, don’t wait for anything or anybody. Apply as soon as possible before you run out of time.