The Independent Electoral & Boundary Commission (IEBC) of Kenya is on a hiring spree for the upcoming general elections due to occur in August 2022 within the country. It is an independent body responsible for conducting elections all across the country. To support the huge inflow of work associated with the elections, IEBC requires 418, 192 temporary workers.
An applicant gets paid for each day of work and there are no additional benefits associated with it. Participating people will need to devote 60 days of a year to these election-related duties. This is what their paycheck looks like.
|Deputy County Returning Officer||Kshs. 4,000/-|
|Deputy Constituency Returning Officer||Kshs. 3,000/-|
|Presiding And Deputy Presiding Officers||Kshs. 2000/- for PO & Kshs. 1800/- for deputies.|
|Logistics Officer||Kshs. 1,500/-|
|Support Electoral Trainer||Kshs. 2,000/-|
|ICT Clerk||Kshs. 1,500/-|
|Polling Clerks/Counting Clerk||Kshs. 1,000/-|
|County-based Voter Educators||Kshs. 2,000/-|
|Constituency-based Voter Educators||Kshs. 1,500/-|
|Ward-based Voter Educators||Kshs. 1,000/-|
If you want to contribute to the Kenyan elections and if you live in Kenya, you can send out your application forward until 5th May. IEBC is ready to spend Sh6 billion for recruitment and remuneration.
How to fill out the IEBC job Application Form?
IEBC job application is possible only after you have registered with them an account.
- To register, fill in all the information as required below. You can fill out this form by visiting their website i.e www.iebc.or.ke/internaljobs
- After completing your registration, you can apply by filling the form.
Head to the website link given here.
- Add your details here about the position you want to apply for and also about your personal information.
- The next part of the information will require your professional details and also your working location.
- Add all the additional information in the provided spaces and then click on the Submit tab.
What are the IEBC job application requirements?
The Kenyan application will require the following normally to get the jobs. However, you might have to fulfill some other requirements based on the type of job at hand.
- You must be a Kenya citizen and must not be partisan.
- As a candidate, your computer training with apt data skills must be complete and only computer literates can apply.
- You must reside in the County for which you send out your application.
- The commission’s code of conduct is what you must represent.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility for the Kenyan application includes;
- While working, you should be ready to devote long hours with the least supervision.
- You must have a fair character and no political affiliations for participation.
- If you are selected, you must be ready to work anywhere within the bounds of the country.
IEBC job portal vacancies
Out of the required positions, IEBC is all set to recruit
- 302,860 counting clerks
- 52,481 presiding officers along with their deputies.
- It also needs 47 deputy returning officers for their counties and
- 290 deputy county returning officers.
- They also plan to employ two voter educators for their 2900 county assembly wards.
You could choose your position according to your qualification, work experiences, and interest.
IEBC job application form for polling clerks
The IEBC job application form for polling clerks has been announced for this election and the total number of declared vacancies is 302,860. Polling clerks will count the number of votes in each county.
Their eligibility requirements include the following;
- They must be non-partisan Kenyan citizens with a KCSE Aggregate of C and above.
- The applicant should have a good character and should b there for the entire general election period.
- They must score a high level of integrity as per the Commission Code of Conduct.
- Which county do they apply to, they must be residents of the same county.
The offered wage for each day will be Kshs 1000/- without additional benefits.
If you are a Kenyan citizen interested in participating in the ongoing elections scheduled in the month of August, you should read the above article for more information. As a Kenyan, this could give you some good income for the two-month span.