What is Illinois rental assistance application?
The state of Illinois has granted $297 million for the benefit of the people who suffered massive monetary setbacks in the process. The Illinois rental assistance application is being initiated by the Illinois Housing Development Authority. The portal and the application process are now open and the people of the state of Illinois must start applying for it.
People who have unpaid rent over a few months can start applying. It is for those who are undergoing financial hardships or have an income that is 80% below the median income of the area and are residents of Illinois. Any rent due between June 2020 and April 2022 is possible to apply for. Applications are open from 6th December 2021 to 9th January 2022.
Steps for Illinois rental assistance application
When applying for the program, every individual invited must have an active email ID.
- Choose between renter and owner/landlord/managing agent.
- From the list of impacts faced by a household check all those options that apply to you from the ones given.
Upon being eligible for the program, Unqork will send you a mail with a temporary password.
- Choose a new password to replace the one they sent you.
- Next, login to the site using your email ID and password.
- If tenants are filing their relief, they need to enter their identity, address and rent proof alongwith the rent due in the total span of time.
- The landlord’s email ID must be the same as the one he is using to create his account.
- Once you upload the proofs, you also have to ensure your landlord does the same to be eligible for the funds.
- After the application is completed you must submit it and wait for them to get back to you.
What are the Application Requirements?
The application process requires the fulfillment of several criteria.
- Total gross income should be less than 80% of the median income of the area.
- If there is financial hardship recorded in the family due to covid-19.
- Your home should be in Illinois.
- If the renters were not able to clear their rent, they need to take it forward with them.
Who is Eligible?
Individuals are eligible only if they fall in the below categories.
- The tenant must be 18 years old.
- They must hold a social security number or ITIN.
- They should have a valid email address for future correspondence and the current registration process.
- Rental unit information must be kept handy when applying.
How to check Illinois emergency rental assistance application Status?
To check the application process, click on the link given here which is available only after you have filled in the application process.
Rental assistance is a benefit that individuals residing in Seattle can receive if they enroll in this program. The Illinois rental assistance program will cover rents due for this whole year and spills over to include a few months of rent of 2020 and also 2022. With no rent to pay, one can think of better survival ways during this time.
It can be concluded that assistance in any form is good and especially now when things have turned bad, it is important to know there is help available for you. All you have to do is read the details from here and complete the application process.