Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) helps with the relocation of immigrants, and also provides basic protection for the migrants. With their help, one can also offer help through the provision of various programs to help newcomers settle in Canada.
They also grant citizenship and aid in travel document issuance, including passports, to Canadians. There are three prerequisites for applying ahead of time.
You need to tell if you are applying from outside Canada, within Canada, or from near an entry port.
You also need to choose if you are a Ukrainian national, hold a post-graduation permit that is about to expire, or are another kind of worker.
Those who are declaring themselves as Ukrainians can fill out the open work permit.
If they have a post-graduation work permit, you will be eligible for a one-time open permit. You can also check if you are eligible for such a work permit by answering the questions below.
- Fill in if you are applying from within Canada or outside Canada.
- If you are from within Canada, you will need to fill out your PGWP and also provide your residential status.
Those who are outside Canada will need to declare that they are applying for a work permit under their public policy. There are separate public policies for those applying for expired work permits between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022, and those applying for work permits beyond those dates.
How to change address in IRCC application?
A change of address in an IRCC application altogether follows a different route if you are applying from within Canada, from the United States, or from outside Canada and the US.
For the first step, check and move ahead through the following steps.
- If you choose to mention that you will be applying from within Canada, you can apply online for a change of address.
- If you have a case processed in Canada,
- Your mailing address is in Canada, and
- You have either moved there or plan to move there within three weeks.
- You have your permanent resident card with you, or you apply for one.
- When you apply for Canadian citizenship or have proof of citizenship.
- Those who planned to renounce or resume Canadian citizenship.
- If they have applied to search the citizenship records
- Gather your documents together:
You will need a copy of the application, fee receipts, and any official document or letter details. If all these records and details tally, you can apply online for the IRCC. You can change the address online by using a web form. Those who have moved to Canada must notify them of their new address.
- Add your identification type from the drop-down menu, identification number, surname, and place and birth date.
- Include your changed Canadian home address.
- You will have to acknowledge that the information you have entered is correct and then submit the online application.
- Choose “open work permit” for mentioning the details of intended work being done in Canada.
- Add to your payment of fees, which must include your biometric fee and work permit processing fee.
- Create your online account, and then move to the “Start your application” tab.
- Move to the tab that allows you to click on the “Apply to come to Canada” tab.
- In the next segment, choose “You do not have a personal reference code.”
- Press the visitor visa and/or work permit tab.
- Click on the “Submit” tab to finally complete the application.
Documents required changing IRCC address
Documents needed to change the IRCC address include
- A camera scanner for making electronic copies of the documents and also
- A valid credit or debit card.
- A letter stating your application requires review for a work permit
- Fees receipt copy
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you contact IRCC for any sort of application update?
If you want to contact IRCC, you will have to contact 1-888-242-2100 if you are within Canada from Monday to Friday. There is a time limit after which you will receive assistance with them.
How long does IRCC visa take?
It takes almost eight weeks to get your IRCC visa after submitting your work permit. Usually, it can’t be done faster than this since biometric identification is an essential step.
How often can you find the IRCC platform updated?
The IRCC platform gets updated daily, and you must check the application processing timeline to see how long it might take to process your application.
How to know which office of IRCC is processing your application?
Once you are done with the biometrics and medical, you can submit a web form or call CIC to find out which visa office is processing your application.
Here’s what you must know about address changes on your IRCC platform. Know what you might need to know about the documents you’ll need for the address change.