The government of Kenya wants to empower the youth to save them from calamities like the COVID-19 pandemic. Had the youth been empowered there are fewer chances that they would face a monetary crisis.
To take their plans ahead, the Kazi Mtaani program is being taken forward as an initiative to teach different skills to the youth of different counties of Kenya. This will be Phase 3 of the application process and will involve skill set teachings that can help children with their self-employment options.
In this phase, 3400 youths will be selected for the program and all will be trained towards controlling the spread of malaria in the country. Currently, the program is being executed in 47 counties of Kenya. Each selected candidate will receive 455 shillings as monetary compensation per day for worker positions and 505 shillings as supervisors. For the previous week, the monetary benefit will be rolled out in the next week.
To make the selection process impartial, different kinds of leadership are invited for the selection process.
- Informal settlement leadership
- Executive committees of the settlement areas
- Nyumba Kumi leadership personnel
- Officers of the National Government Administration department
How to do Kazi Mtaani application registration?
Registering for Kazi Mtaani registration involves the completion of the following steps.
Step 1- Adding personal details will be the first step in the registration process.
Step 2- In the next segment, add the National ID details.
Step 3- Once your ID details are entered, you must next move on to enter the location details.
Step 3- Education and skill level must be entered in the last part of the registration form.
Step 4- Post this step, click on the Register tab to complete the application process.
Also Read: How to Apply for IEBC Job Application?
How to Apply for Kazi Mtaani application?
Step 1- After registering for Kazi Mtaani, you will need to verify your registration.
Step 2- Add your ID number and then click on the Submit tab to complete the verification process.
Step 3- To apply, you must add all essential information in the given segments. The application form will be for a particular vocation that you choose to get trained on.
Step 4- Add relevant details and the application is a later process. The basic process is registration with the Kazi Mtaani platform.
What are the Application Requirements?
The application requirements for the Kazi Mtaani registration process include;
- You must be 18 to 35 years old for the Kazi Mtaani registration process.
- To register with Kazi Mtaani, you must be a Kenyan citizen.
- You must have a valid Kenyan National ID card. The MPESA details must match the ones provided in the application form.
Also Read: How to Apply for Elimu Scholarship?
Who is Eligible?
Eligible candidates must fulfill the following requirements.
- Having a valid address is mandatory to continue with the application form.
- One needs to have a valid telephone number registered with MPESA.
- Individuals must be from the informal settlement areas of Kenya.
- Basic educational qualification is a must for getting selected
- If you have any prior experience or any kind of educational expertise in the field, such individuals might receive more preference.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check Kazi Mtaani application status?
Application status is available for your application via your online account.
- The first step is to login into your account with your identification number and other details.
- Move to your dashboard and check your application status from there.
When is the deadline for Kazi Mtaani application?
Recruitment for the third phase Kazi Mtaani program began on 21st November 2021 and will continue up until June 2022 (applications are closed)
Kazi Mtaani Application Portal
Kazi Mtaani’s application form is available only in their application portal. To reach their application portal, you should visit kms.go.ke
If you belong to an informal settlement in Kenya and have been trying to get a job or attempting to get self-employed, Kazi Mtaani might be the right platform to start your work from. For the Kazi Mtaani application process, refer to this article for more details. If you have any queries about their application process, you can connect to their helpline number. Through this program, the government is trying to empower the youth and attempt to make them more employable and productive. Hence Kazi Mtaani could open many doorways for participants.