MassHealth Application: The Medicaid program is up for different programs for different societal sections. These programs will target low and medium income groups within the states operating them. The program is virtually designed to pay up almost all or part of an individual’s medical insurance plan premiums.
Coverage is based on age and the type of disease including their severity. It also depends on the condition of the family and also the pregnancy status of the individual, disability conditions and also their HIV positivity and cancer condition and stage.
If anyone wants to take the MassHealth program, they can try to go for their application form and only after filling it out can you know about their decisions.
Who is Eligible for MassHealth Application?
You are eligible for the MassHealth application only when you fulfil certain conditions.
- Health and dental coverage are met only for those who live in a certain state and county.
- Those who do not have the option to go to a nursing facility.
- Individuals younger than 65 years can go for the MassHealth application.
- Disabled, HIV positive, pregnant, breast or cervical cancer patients can apply for the MassHealth program.
- A spouse or a former spouse caring for the children can also apply for them.
Those who are above 65 years can also fill in the MassHealth application if they have the following;
- All those parents whose children are less than 19 years can apply for MassHealth.
- If you are an adult relative of the child you are put up with.
- Those elderly people who do not have a job.
How to Apply for MassHealth application?
You can choose to apply in any of the one ways- online, via fax, mail or phone, and also in person.
- Those who go for online application and are below 65 can apply only after registering an account with their online portal www.mass.gov
- After registering an account, you will need to fill in the different segments of the application form.
- Include your personal details, professional and income-related details followed by your employer’s details. Include any other insurance or health coverage details for any of the family members. Submit the MassHealth application as soon as you are satisfied with the information you fed in.
2. Download the MassHealth application from the following link and after filling it out, mail it to the address given below: Health Insurance Processing Center at PO Box 4405 situated in Taunton, MA 02780.
- Fill out the application form present with this link and then fax it to at (857) 323-8300.
- You can call the MassHealth customer service center at (800) 841-2900 and for TDD/TTY 800-497-4648 (711)
- Enrolment centers/ walk-in centers, if not far can also be used for the Massachusetts application process.
What are the Application Requirements?
Application requirements for MassHealth include the following document addition.
- Every member of your household should submit their social security numbers when applying.
- If you file Federal Tax returns, you need to submit even those documents.
- Employer details must be fed including your current employer and previous employer details.
- Income information must also be added for every single household member earning.
- Job related or other health insurance details and documents must also go into your application.
You can either contact their MassHealth customer service center (Main: at (800) 841-2900 and TDD/TTY: 711) or the disability accommodation ombudsman (phone: Call MassHealth Disability Accommodation Ombudsman, Voice: at (617) 847-3468/ TDD/TTY: Call MassHealth Disability Accommodation Ombudsman, TDD/TTY: at (617) 847-3788)
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Where to send MassHealth application?
You can send it to the MassHealth Insurance Processing Center in Maryland. Health Insurance Processing Center at PO Box 4405 located in Taunton, MA 02780.
How long does MassHealth application take?
From beginning to end it can take almost a few months. Thus, if you can apply early, there is a chance your application processing will happen faster.
How can I check the status of my MassHealth application?
To check the status of the MassHealth application, you can go online or call them by phone at (888) 665-9993.
The MassHealth application is possibly the best way to manage your premiums if you are stuck at home with an unmanageable health issue or have encountered a disability of any kind. Knowing the process, in brief, will help arrange for the application process and also can guide you fairly during the application process.