What is SRAM application?
Service Regional d’admission du Montréal Métropolitain (SRAM) allows 32 college-level public educational organizations in Quebec. You can use the site https://admission.sram.qc.ca/ to apply for admission to all the CEGEP colleges.
SRAM CEGEPs have hundreds of programs covered. To know more, consult the Available Programs Table. Use the specific admission process applicable to your specific condition.
Whenever you wish to apply to the SRAM-affiliated CEGEP colleges, an application has to go through a specific number of rounds. As the rounds progress, the places covered under them become lesser each time. For a round, you must choose a single program for a single CEGEP. In that particular round, if you get selected for the program, you do not have to apply for the next round. Those whose applications are denied may reapply in the second round by selecting a different CEGEP option.
The available rounds for the different semester schemes involve three rounds for the fall and two rounds for the winter semester.
For the fall semester, every place is available. After the first round of selections, the remaining seats are made available for the next round.
DCS programs are closed for the winter semester because this programme only begins in the fall semester.
How to apply for an SRAM application?
To apply for an SRAM application, please follow the steps outlined below.
- For the SRAM application, click on the “Apply for Admission” link on SRAM website. Choose any one of the options to start the SRAM application process.
- Enter your email address, password, and also choose whether to check the box to confirm you are not a robot. Once done, click on the “Create Account” tab.
- After you are done with it, login to your account. Fill in all the essential details provided in the form, which includes your personal information, educational background, and other hobby related information, and also add your special achievements. Include details such as identity-related information as well as other specifics.
- Incorporate all essential documents, and pay the admission processing fees as a whole.
Once the rounds come to an end, applications are given back to the particular CEGEPs, and the CEGEPs make decisions around them before sending the confirmation to the chosen students.
What are the requirements/eligibility criteria for SRAM applications?
The following requirements must be met by the student for the ACS (Attestation of college studies) program.
- A copy of your birth certificate if you are born in a province other than Quebec.
- A permanent resident or Canadian citizenship identifier or if born outside Canada, you need to provide a residential status.
- Diploma transcripts and other essential information about your previous educational qualification must also be tagged.
- International applicants need to submit their language test scores. Some SRAM led CEGEPs colleges have French as their instruction medium. You can give the scores of Bright, TCF tout public, DELF Tout public niveau B2, DALF, and TEF.
For those that instruct students in English, you need to submit your TOEFL, IELTS Academic, Pearson PTE Academic, CAEL, and Bright Five Star scores.
To find out the minimum scores, you must directly get in touch with the CEGEPs you wish to apply for.
- Your portfolio is also essential
- Letters of recommendation is a must
- Your letter of intent and permit must also be added.
- Other documents you deem fit must be included.
What are the benefit of SRAM applications?
The SRAM application is one of the best ways, as many colleges select their students through this path. If it weren’t for SRAM, individuals interested in applying to colleges would have to individually research each CEGEP they would be interested in.
SRAM has a simple application process, and the choices are simple enough for a student to make.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to reach SRAM for application or queries?
You can call them at 514.271.2454 or email them at [email protected] if you wish to reach out to them for queries and doubts.
How many CEGEPs can you apply for through SRAM?
You can submit up to three application form choices. These three choices are covered within the application fee you pay, and if you want to make additional choices, for each you need to pay an additional $10.
Deadlines for SRAM application
The first round of applications opened on January 12 and will close on March 1, 2023.
Applications for Round 2 will open on March 23 and close on April 20, 2023.
Round 3 begins on May 2, 2023, and concludes on May 25, 2023.
Here’s all about the SRAM application details, and if you wish to apply for any of the CEGEPs, you must apply through them, not only as it is the only way to apply but also because it is the quickest way to start your CEGEP courses.