What is Tenncare?
Tenncare is an app, basically a self service portal, and there are several functionalities that it supports. With the TennCare Connect Portal & app, you can apply for benefits, check your status, report varied changes, read letters, and more.
To start with the application, you will first need to create an account with them. Respond to questions about your family members and determine whether you meet all of their eligibility requirements.
The application process takes 30 to 60 minutes and can be completed both online and on paper.
Tenncare is divided into two types: Medicaid and Standard. But even uninsured individuals can apply for it along with medically eligible ones. Only the lowest income groups often receive these benefits, as the government has designed the program for all 99 counties in the state.
Once you are in any of the official Playstores of Google or Apple, you must click on the “install” tab to download it for your device.
How to apply for Tenncare Application Online?
You can apply offline by filling out the Tenncare application form.
Click on the link to download and print the paper application. Fill up the application and then mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 305240
Nashville, TN 37230-5240
You can also call them at 855-259-0701 or fax them the application at 1-855-315-0669.
If you want to fill it out online, then the first step will be to visit the Tenncare website tenncareconnect.tn.gov/services/HomePage to begin the Tenncare application.
You will need to create an account with them, and once done, you must fill in relevant details, including;
- Current address, phone number, and email address
- Social Security number and
- The dates of birth
- Income sources and the amount
- Citizenship and immigration status
- The total value of cars and different properties
- If you have any health insurance, make sure to fill out the information around them as well
What are the requirements/eligibility criteria for Tenncare?
The requirements for the medical eligibility of Tenncare include;
- The child might be under 19, and they might require it as they cannot get help from private health insurance.
- If the child does not have access to group health insurance through their employer or even their parent’s employer.
Tenncare Medicaid will require one to fulfill the following conditions;
- Children under the age of 21, or pregnant women.
- If you look after a child or are the child’s parent,
- Those women who need cervical or breast cancer treatment.
- People who receive supplemental security income and those who receive both SSI and a social security check in the same month.
- The individuals who live in nursing homes or medical institutions and earn less than $2,742 per month.
- If the individual gets long term care services with Tenncare.
For the Tenncare Standard, you need to fall in either of the two categories;
- Either you have run out of time to enrol in TennCare Medicaid.
- If someone lacks access to group health insurance,
For the uninsured, these criteria must be fulfilled.
- Tenncare Medicaid eligibility is ending and the child is under 19.
- No access to group medical policies
- When the family income is 211% below the poverty line.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does Tenncare cost money?
No, Tenncare does not need any money investment, and it is the government’s way of providing free medical care in Tennessee.
How to contact Tenncare during the application?
If you have queries, you can contact Tenncare using the following ways:
- You can call Tenncare at 855-259-0701 or 1-866-475-7879.
- Alternately, you can visit their DHS office in any of the 95 counties in Tennessee.
Here’s what you need to do and how you need to apply for Tenncare application if you need a health insurance in Tenncare. If you wish to do an application for your family or for yourself, do go through the available details here. You can find the Tenncare app in Google Playstore for Android apps and in Apple App Store in iOS phones.