The UW Transfer application is for those seeking a transfer to the University of Washington. Those who get admission will need to attend the transfer advising and orientation program. The program is to be hosted by the first year students. You can apply to the COM or JPIC major and the applications are invited in the spring quarter for the autumn quarter session.
Students must complete their UW applications and also fill-in either the Com or JPIC major application separately. Those who apply for winter and summer sessions can apply for the next following quarters admissions and can only apply for JPIC or COM majors once they have completed their first quarter.
UW transfer application deadline
The deadlines for sending in your applications to Washington University will include the following:
|Application Quarter||Quarter beginning date||Application opening date||Application closing date||Notice period|
|Winter||Early half of January||1st August||1st September||1st November to 15th December|
|Autumn||Late part of September||15th December||15th February||1st May to 30th June|
|Spring||Late half of March||1st November||15th December||Not applicable|
|Summer||Middle of June||15th December||15th February||1st May to 31st May|
You will be eligible for University of Washington admissions if you have the following eligibility requirements fulfilled.
- When you have a minimum GPA score of 2.0, you can apply. For a transfer GPA, you need to have a minimum of 2.5 and if you want to go for assured admissions, do not go for less than 2.75.
- Proof of English proficiency must be provided in certain cases.
- Those who have completed more than 75 hours or at least 75 hours can apply for it.
Transfer Application Requirements
Requirements vary but some of these are the general requirements for transfer admissions to the University of Washington.
- You will need to submit official college transcripts during your application.
- Your SAT/ACT scores must be submitted.
- An application fee of $60 needs to be paid by the domestic applicants and $75 for the international applicants is required.
- Include your personal statement as a write up.
- Submit standardized test scores.
US students will need to put forth the following requirements:
- You will need to show your social security scores.
- Your UW student number if you have one.
- Washington residents need to inform the tenure of stay in the city.
- Visa type and number must be added.
- US checking account or credit card is a must.
For non-US students, these are the following requirements;
- Passport depicting your real name and any other variations.
- UW student number if you have attended it.
- Mailing address and permanent foreign address if any.
- If in US, you need to show your VISA type and in I-20 from US school, you must show your SEVIS ID.
- TOEFEL, IELTS, or Duolingo details.
- Class schedule for that particular year.
- Paper copy of high school transcripts and credit card or US checking account details.
Apply University of Washington Transfer application
You can login using the following link;
- To create an account, you will need to add your account email address, password, and your name, and date of birth.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then check on the box that states you are not a robot. Press the Create Account tab to complete account creation.
- After registering an account, move ahead and fill in the personal information including your identity details, education, award related segment, general contact details and other essential information.
- Once done, complete and review the application form. Submit the form after you have thoroughly gone through it.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How hard is it to transfer to UW?
For the fall of 2021,4,754 applications were sent and 2229 members of the group were accepted. According to current records, the acceptance rate in Washington University is 48%. Male transfer applicants are 46% and female transfer applicants are 50%.
What GPA do you need to transfer to University of Washington?
You need to have a GPA of 2.5 to apply as a transfer student and a 2.75% to get through. With a 2.0 GPA, you can transfer between the Universities in Washington.
Here is what you need to understand to take admissions at the University of Washington. If you wish to find out more, you will have to read the details here.