TSA pre-check is one of those expedited security screening processes. It is there to help travelers depart from the US with better security options and a good air travel experience. Those who want to apply for TSA pre-check will need to go through the determination process as to whether they are low-risk and can be eligible for expedited screening before they are filing their application.
TSA pre-checks are not required if you fulfill the following conditions.
- If you already qualify for the global entry process.
- In case of NEXUS, SENTRI, or active TWIC
- You hold an HME commercial driver’s license.
How to Apply for TSA pre-check application?
To apply for TSA pre-check application, you have to fulfill certain requirements that can be put together;
- Go through the website link provided here for starting the application process.
- With this application process, you can either pre-enroll online or walk into any of their enrollment centers to do so.
- TSA pre-checks are applicable even though applications are available at the enrollment centers.
- You will need to pay a non-refundable amount as a fee to them and for a five-year term, you need to shelve out $85.
1: Add your legal name, email, birth date, and preferred language in the first segment of the application.
2: Sign up for text alerts and include your preferred contact method.
3: Add information as per prompts in the next segment.
- After receiving the approval, you will receive a known traveler number (KTN) within 3-5 days. Some of the applications can also take up to 60 days.
What are the application requirements?
The application will require certain documents that include;
- A photo ID like Driver’s License, Enhanced ID or tribal card, Federal ID or FAST card
- Certificate/Immigration document
Whatever document you choose, you will have to take the same documents to their office for scrutiny and verification.
Who qualifies for TSA pre-check?
The TSA pre-check can be qualified by the following groups of people.
- Only US nationals, US citizens, and legal permanent citizens.
- Those who do not have criminal issues and regulations.
- Those who have never faced violations of traffic regulations.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long is TSA pre-check good for?
TSA pre-check is good for 5 years.
How much is TSA pre-check?
TSA pre-check is $85 for five years.
It shouldn’t take more than 3-5 days but on some occasions, it might take up to 90 days.
How to check TSA pre-check application status?
You can check your TSA application status with your state licensing agency or TSA enrollment provider.
TSA pre-check can quicken your departure process from the United States. If you know these essential details that are present in this article, it will be easier for you to apply. Read more about when you might need a TSA pre-check and when you don’t.