The University of Central Florida (UCF) welcomes undergraduate and graduate applications from students from the United States as well as those from outside the United States.
Students who graduate from UCF can start a life with them and create opportunities for themselves to start a life. Located in the heart of Florida, you gain a wonderful experience and get a fresh perspective on your career and education.
There are three UCF campuses: the main campus, the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, and UCF Downtown. If you happen to be in Florida anytime, you can take a tour of their campus.
If you plan to apply to UCF, you need to know the application requirements, eligibility criteria, and the application process, among other details.
UCF application requirements
Application requirements vary with the course type, subjects, college locations, and departments.
However, you will need the following details to go ahead with the application process;
- Students who have graduated from high school must submit transcripts from both their home and high school.
- Official GED and TOEFEL/IELTS scores.
- SAT scores must also be submitted.
- The essay must be added.
- The $30 nonrefundable application fee needs to also go in.
- You also need to submit a completed application using either the UCF undergraduate application link or the Common app link.
Deadlines for freshman applications include the following dates.
- The first day of spring is May 1st.
- Spring admissions have a last date of November 1st.
- The deadline for summer submissions is July 1st.
For transfer students, try these dates;
- It is July 1 for the fall.
- The spring application will end on November 1st.
- Your summer application will move onto March 1 as the last date.
International students can apply on the following dates:
- It is March 1 for the fall.
- It is open from the beginning of spring until the first of September.
- The summer admissions have a last date of January 1st.
Eligibility for UCF application
As a freshman, you will be eligible if you fulfill the following;
- High school seniors and graduates with dual enrollment credits.
- Those high school graduates who never attended college
Here is what you need to know about the various kinds of requirements you have to fulfill while filling out the application form as a freshman or transfer student.
|Academic records||Official transcripts from previous colleges|
|SAT/ACT scores||High school official transcripts|
|GED/TOEFEL/IELTS scores||SAT/ACT score transcripts|
|Essay||AICE, AP, CLEP, and IB scores|
|Application Fee||Application fee|
|Online application completely filled||Filled online application|
UCF application Benefits
UCF promises a high quality of life, provides immense opportunities for growth, and also helps you learn and grow. They have a diverse and rich background. The faculty and students benefit immensely from the mixed cultural environment.
With more than 68,000 students, it is considered one of the largest universities. It is a university offering 240 degree courses and 97 master’s courses. They provide a community partnership, offer world class research facilities, and also integrate different technologies and learning under one roof.
Their education is affordable, and they enrol nearly 62 percent of first-year college students.
How to apply?
You can apply to UCF under any of the six types.
- Continuing Education divisions
For ease, we will walk you through the application process of freshman year.
You can go online and either use the UCF Undergraduate Admissions or the Common app.
Furthermore, those who used the online Common App portal to fill out the application must not reapply through UCF undergraduate admissions.
One applicant can apply only once and can have only one application for themselves.
- If this is your first time using the portal, the first step is to create an account with them.
- Register by entering your email address, first and last name, and date of birth.
- You will get a temporary PIN in your email address, and you need to fill it on the screen below that will appear as soon as you click on the Continue tab. Also add your date of birth in the specified segment.
- Set your new password immediately after pressing the login tab.
- Next, start your new application by pressing on the blue tab given here.
- Fill in the application type and then click on the Create Application tab.
- Press on the Start Application tab and then start by entering the details.
- Complete these details, and then press the Continue tab. You need to inform us a bit more on the kind of student application you are filing for.
- Fill in the personal details, programme related information, academic history, test scores, supplemental questions, family and guardian related details, disciplinary and crime related history, and you also need to add your signatures.
Once you have completed all the details, go ahead and submit the application form.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it difficult to get into UCF?
It is difficult to get into UCF moderately and almost 44.4% of the students who apply can get in. Also, it depends on your GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other such essentials.
Does UCF take the first 10% of high schoolers?
Mostly, those who apply fall in the top 10% of the high school, and thus, it seems as though they take the first 10% alone.
Do you get an acceptance letter from UCF?
Yes, you will always get an acceptance letter from UCF in the form of an email that will come to your current email address.
Here in this article, we talk briefly about the UCF application steps, requirements, eligibility details, and much more. If you wish to consider getting an application with UCF, you can read all the details, and once you know them, you can do better with the application process.