The University of Dar es Salaam is a prestigious University in Africa. Located in Tanzania, the applications are now open for undergraduate degree courses, diplomas and certificate courses, and postgraduate courses.
The admission window for undergraduate courses is given below. Fresh Dates will be announced soon
|UDSM application timelines||Dates for admissions|
|Admission cycle window opened||July 2023|
|Deadline for the first round||August 2023|
|Second round||August – September 2023|
|Third round||September 2023|
The application process is interspersed with confirmation and other procedures. The current year’s academic session began on 24th October 2022.
The University of Dar es Salaam is responsible for providing higher education for candidates from Tanzania, and the Eastern and Southern African regions. It offers numerous academic courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Candidates who have completed form six or equivalent qualifications in 2022 or before are invited for the undergraduate applications.
UDSM online application Process Guide
Here are the steps to apply for UDSM online courses:
- First of all, you must click on the UDSM online application System link and register for an account.
- Then, you have to go to your account and click on the My Application button to begin the application procedure.
- Once you are done filling out the application online which includes registration whereby you need to add your name, email, telephone number, and also the o-level index number and then you have to pay the application fee.
- Local Students – TZS. 10,000 (for bachelor courses)
- Foreign Student – USD 45.00
- Then, you have to provide your academic qualification detail and select the programs.
- Finally, you have to Submit the application.
Those who submit the application form for one course, if selected will get a direct confirmation mail. But, if a student has selected many courses, they will need to confirm the subject based on the availability of seats and through the meeting of other eligibility criteria will be intimated of the courses available. Out of these, one must select just one to complete their admissions.
Though the requirements vary from course to course, here are the common requirements:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent qualification in five subjects. Out of the five subjects, three must be credit level obtained before Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (A.C.S.E.E.).
- 2 principal level passes in A.C.S.E.E. subjects.
- A minimum score of 100 must be acquired from the Mature Age Entry Examination (MAEE).
How to UDSM online application form?
You can click here for applying to the undergraduate courses and click here for postgraduate courses.
UDSM online application deadline
The postgraduate applications are open for the second batch (October admissions of the academic year 2022/2023). The deadline for the second and third batch admissions is mentioned in the table above. It is to be noted that the applications for the first batch (July admissions) are closed now. Selected applicants can expect an admission notification within four weeks after the application deadline.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you contact them for queries?
You can contact them by calling their help desk numbers-
+255 74 209 4718, +255 65 839 4534, +255 73 431 3265, +255 686 434 520
For general contacts either mail them ([email protected]) or call them (+255 22 241 0544).
Which mobile services can local students use for application fee payment?
Local students can use their Vodacom number, Tigo number or even their Airtel number for making the necessary payments for your application fee. The fee has to be made for each individual course you apply for and is a non-refundable amount.
The admissions for graduate and postgraduate courses for 2023 have come to a close now but if candidates need an entry in 2024, they will have to read the details about the application. Applying to the University is a process that can take three to five weeks time from the day of application. Reading more about the application can help students in gaining a better insight necessary for understanding the process of application.