Life has returned back to normal for college and university students as they start flocking to educational institutions once again after Covid. The students however are capable of applying for their favorite courses online and they need to simply choose their colleges and courses beforehand to start the application process.
North Western University has already completed the application procedure for 2023. However, those who were left out this year can apply next year, and to know more about their courses, read more from here. The www.nwu.ac.za online application 2022-2023 opened for undergraduate courses from 01st April 2021 for the North-Western University. The closing dates for the NWU application include:
|Non-selection||31 August 2022|
|Music||31 August 2022 with auditions happening before the closure of the application|
|Graphic Design, Engineering, Occupational Hygiene and Urban and Regional planning||31 August 2022|
|Other courses||30 June 2022|
There is a detailed prospectus that states more about the programs and you will have to go through it to ensure you fulfill all the exam criteria.
Each of the different departments has specified its requirements and mostly all departments have different expectations from students. If you wish to fill out their application, check the department-wise application eligibility and requirement. If you fulfill these eligibilities and requirements, you can start the NWU application process.
But the two most important eligibility requirements include,
- Grade 11 marks assessment if available.
- A ranking system would be designated for the students and only the best-ranking students would be selected.
- Some departments have arranged an entrance examination and others have organized a psychometric test.
- You will also require to attest a passport-size photograph with your application form.
- You will also need to submit a valid ID proof of the student.
How to apply online at www.nwu.ac.za 2022-2023?
To apply online next year, go through the below steps as this year’s and next year’s application is closed.
- Visit the official website and then on the online application page.
- The first step here is to create an account with their online portal. The online portal is extremely handy to all those who wish to take admissions with them and also get admission eventually with them.
- If you are new and don’t have a University number and PIN, you will need to create one each for yourself.
- To create a new University number, you will have to fill in the following after clicking on the create a new university number tab. Fill in the rest of the information after clicking on the next tab.
- Once you find out your college application number, you can use it to create PIN next. These two are extremely essential for sending your application to them.
- Tap on the new application button from the left-hand side.
- Click on the left-hand pane to select the New Application Number.
- You could click on Already have a University number if you have one.
- Download the Undertaking form and once signed you can upload it to the electronic documents page.
- Create a new student application number and also a password.
- Use the student number and PIN to log into the online application page.
- Complete all relevant sections and refer to the yearbook for appropriate information.
- Next upload all supporting documents, like grade 11 or 12 certificates, completed undertaking, ID copy, academic records, passport copy for international students and also more about your payable fees.
- Once completed, click to submit the application form.
How to check www.nwu.ac.za online application status?
To check the online application status follow the below-given process.
- Visit the website and then Fill in the University number and the PIN.
- Now click on the Confirm tab.
- Additionally, on this page, you have options to generate the PIN, forgot the PIN option, and also create the PIN option.
www.nwu.ac.za 2022-2023 prospectus
The North-West University prospectus allows you to browse through the various courses offered by the University. It further details the process and the eligibility requirements of each course.
The exam details if any are also nicely described in the prospectus specifying the time, date and other details concerning the entrance examinations.
The prospectus also provides you with an insight into the fee structure for every course. They also tell you about different social activities pursued in the college, talks about the faculties present in colleges and so on.
Also Read: How to apply for NMU online application 2022
NWU online application Fees
The application fee is R550 for international students and is free for South African citizens.
The registration fees for new students are R2020 for all non-resident and resident course students.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you edit the NWU applications?
To edit the NWU applications, you must call 018 285 4320 number if you already applied for their position.
Can you change the course after NWU admissions to a different one?
Yes, you can do it if the faculty you want to go to has space to accommodate your seat.
How much time can it take to get admissions in NWU?
It can take somewhere 3-4 weeks to get admission to NWU. If you do not hear from them, you must call their Central Application Admissions office.
The admission for NWU is already over for 2023 and now next year, the application will open again for 2024 term. Candidates and parents interested in their courses and organization must keep a closer look for their admission notification. Once it is out they should start the application process. Reading and knowing more about their requirements and eligibility is a must and articles like this one can only help you understand their application process better.