The YMCA scholarships are given as a grant for both local and international students. If you are in need of a scholarship, you can apply for the YMCA scholarships through their portal. There is no set period for the scholarship and if eligible, one can keep applying for the scholarship till they graduate.
The amount granted each year varies and some years you might receive more while in others you might receive lesser than the previous year.
The scholarship program can be hosted by any of the Young Men’s Christian Association countries and right now San Diego is offering scholarships for all their member countries and communities.
The scholarship scheme application is run every year from March to May and the decision comes in late July. Once you are selected, you will be contacted by them for the same.
After receiving scholarships from any of these funds, one must be employed with them for a year.
|Solon B. Cousins YMCA Scholarship||Anyone admitted to Springfield College, George Williams College of Aurora University|
|William A. Hunton Fellowship Fund||Awarded to minority YMCA staff members to allow them to become full-time members|
|John R. Mott Scholarship||Graduate students can get it if they wish to become better YMCA professionals|
|Earl P. Armstrong Scholarship||Graduate education aid|
|Carolyn Creager Multicultural Leadership Development Fund||It is given to Asian/Pacific Islander, African, and African American minority applicants who need financial assistance to attend college|
|Hispanic/Latino or Native American ancestry||Leadership experienced people can apply for it|
|Fred Hoshiyama Asian Leadership Scholarship||Financial aid for learning and development through continued education|
How to Apply for YMCA scholarship application 2023
Here are the steps for the YMCA application through their online portal.
- To apply, you must have an account with them first. Sign up to add your personal information. If you already have an account, but you are not able to use it, you can call 612-230-9622 to retrieve your account information.
- To be able to fill out the scholarship form, you must enroll in a YMCA program in a member to continue with your application.
- If you are still not a YMCA member, you can choose a plan and become a member first.
- Add the initial personal information including name, birth date, gender, and email and phone number.
- Once you are through all these processes, you must tell them how you’d benefit from the scholarship and also tell them how it will benefit your household.
- Craft a scholarship-winning personal story in the box that is provided for the same.
- Next is the verification process for the amount earned by your household. Upload required documents like CalWorks Notice of Approval and Identification Card. You can either verify through the traditional or expressways.
- Complete all the information required and then submit your application post-verification.
What are the application requirements?
The application requirements include fulfilling the following conditions.
- You must tell your reasons for requesting the scholarship.
- Add all your income sources to provide a clear picture to the authorities about your household income level.
- Adding your branch number is essential for setting up the profile.
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who is working with the YMCA for a year is eligible to apply. You must be a full-time or at least, a part-timer with them.
How does the YMCA Scholarship work?
The YMCA scholarship program works through reimbursements. It means the money is not stuffed into your account soon after winning the scholarship. The money is instead, given out as reimbursement for all your bills. You will need to submit proof of your expenditure to get reimbursed.
You can submit your bills in the following formats along with your name and address for reimbursements.
- Enrollment proofs
YMCA Scholarship Benefits
The YMCA benefits are primarily money related and one will benefit money from the scholarship.
Does the YMCA offer scholarships?
Yes, the YMCA offers scholarships with different names and you must choose the best one for yourself.
How to check YMCA Scholarship Application Status?
You can visit your online account to check your YMCA scholarship application status.
To move ahead with the YMCA scholarship, you need to understand the basics of the scholarship program. Quickly browse through the article to have more information on the program available for young Christian men.