If you want to be an assistant teacher in South Africa, you will have to complete a few training and go through their educational resources. Once you have completed the training, you will have to fill up their assistant teacher application form. In their application, there are separate sections that you may need to address.
Assistant teacher application Process
Those who cannot apply online can try using the toll-free number 0800 727272 or share the same on WhatsApp.
However, those who apply online for the Assistant Teacher application 2023 in South Africa follow the below given steps
- Visit SAYouth.Mobi & then Register your account with their online platform and once done login to your account.
- Once you enter their website, type in the search bar with the search term school assistant or search with the name of the school.
- From the list of jobs available in your area, find the schools closest to you and or apply to the schools you have access to.
- Press on the read more option to find out more about the job you wish to apply for.
- Once you have thoroughly viewed the application requirements and seem to be confident about applying, press on the Apply Now tab to complete the process.
- You will need to apply your personal details, education and training-related details alongside any other information that follows through the prompts.
- Once you do so, you will receive a confirmation that your application has been successfully submitted and this will happen instantaneously as soon as you submit the application.
If they shortlist you, you will get a call from them to join their interview.
What are the application requirements?
The application requirements for the assistant teacher application 2023 in South Africa include;
- You must have a valid RSA ID to fulfill the application requirements.
- Applicants who apply cannot have a criminal background of any kind.
- Anyone person from a single household can only apply for the assistant teacher’s program.
- There cannot be any kind of reference passed on from the teachers of the school you apply to.
- Relevant certificates for the position must be shown for training.
- Matriculation certificate or NQF 4 or even higher application proof must go in.
- Add your CV and testimonial letter alongwith the application.
Who is Eligible for Phase 4?
You are eligible to apply for Phase 4 assistant teacher application 2023 if you fulfill the following;
- Anyone willing to apply for an assistant teacher position in South Africa must be between 18 and 35 years.
- Those willing to apply must live within 5 kilometers of the school where they wish to apply for.
- If you want to work in a farm school, you should never live beyond 30 kilometers from the school.
- Anyone willing to apply must not be employed anywhere in recent times.
- All training days must be strictly attended and should complete all the assigned work.
- The applicant must meet all the category and sub-category requirements for the position.
- No candidate participating in any kind of full-time, part-time, or learnership program can apply for the program.
- Noone applying to these programs must obtain government grants.
The applications are open until 16th October 2022 and have begun on 26th September 2022. They will schedule the interviews for November and December 2022.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How much do Teachers assistants get paid in South Africa?
In recent years, the salary of a teacher’s assistant is raised and in the current year, they are getting paid almost R49, 843 a year.
What are SA Youth Helpline Numbers?
For the complete range of support, refer to the helpline number of 0800 727272 and you can ask them for any kind of support anywhere between 09:00 am to 05:00 pm from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
Those who have the required qualification can apply for the assistant teacher’s position. If you want to apply for it, do not forget to read more about the essential information provided in this article. Know more about the eligibility criteria and the application requirements and get a brief idea of how you can apply for the position. You can obtain adequate qualification requirements and proper knowledge of the pay and last date from this article.