Air Traffic Control is an essential part of flying jets across countries and states. For every airport, there is a huge requirement for air traffic controllers every season. If you wish to become an air traffic controller, you will need to find out the job vacancies as soon as they are announced on airport authority sites.
There is a basic fee for filling up their application form. For women, ST (scheduled tribe), SC (scheduled caste), and OBC (other backward classes) the current application fee is Rs. 82/- and for men, it is Rs.1000/- per candidate. The registration date for this current lot of positions is from 15th June 2022 to 14th July 2022.
There are currently 400 vacancies that will have to be filled in the process. Those of you who hold a graduation degree in the fields of Physics, Mathematics, and technological streams can send in their applications.
The basics of the examination are tabulated below for your ease of reference.
|Application dates||From 15th June 2022 to 14th July 2022|
|Minimum Qualification Required||Bachelor’s degree|
|Specialization papers required||Physics, Maths, or any technological streams|
|Selection Mode||Written exam and interview|
|Male Application Fee||Rs.1000/-|
|Application Fee for Women/SC/ST/OBC||Rs 82/-|
How to apply for Air Traffic controller application
To apply for the Air Traffic controller exam, here are a few steps to follow for the online process.
- Registration on the online site is the first step to starting the application process.
- First to begin with agree with their terms and conditions.
- Fill candidate’s information like the name of the candidate and the post for which they are applying, mobile number, and email ID.
- Once you press the submit tab, you will receive an application sequence ID (user ID) and a password on your mentioned email ID.
2. Once you sign in, click on the tab that takes you to your application form from the top right corner.
3. Complete your personal details, and qualification details.
4. Upload your photo or signature and then submit your fee using a debit or credit card, UPI, or banking using the SBI MDPS.
5. After reviewing the application click on the Submit tab.
For ATC application Requirements
The application requirements for the positions of Air Traffic Controller include the following;
- Submit all the essential qualification documents and also submit any other relevant certificate details.
- The ST/SC/OBC and PWD candidates need to submit their caste certificates.
- You need to provide your birth date and age proof in the form of your birth certificate, matriculation certificate, and any other provisions.
- Candidates must also provide address proof and a valid government approved ID card.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility of the candidates includes the fulfillment of the following conditions.
- Candidates must be 18 to 27 years of age. The age relaxation for PWD candidates is 10 years and for ST/SC candidates is 5 years whereas for OBC is 3 years.
- Applicants need to possess a valid email ID and phone number that will remain active throughout the recruitment process.
- You must be a graduate to be able to apply for these positions.
- One should not have a criminal background when applying for ATC jobs.
- You will need to agree to undergo the drug tests for amphetamine and amphetamine type stimulants, opiates, cannabis, cocaine, barbiturates, and benzodiazepine.
Air Traffic Controller Salary
The Air Traffic Controller’s salary ranges start from Rs.40, 000 and can go upto Rs. 1, 40,000.
The basic job benefits of an Air Traffic controller include the following;
- Discounts on air travel
- Insurance facilities
- Early retirement options are available
- You will get general leave options- sick leaves, maternity and paternity leaves,
Is air traffic control a government job?
Yes, Air Traffic Control is a government position, and a written exam followed by an interview and a voice test is the usual recruitment process.
Do air traffic controllers need a degree?
Yes, air traffic controllers need to be graduates in Physics, Mathematics, and any other technological branches.
What is air traffic controller job?
They are basically recruited to control the air traffic, primarily managing the flight takeoff and landing alongwith providing air traffic information to the flights in the air.
If you wish to know more about the Indian air traffic control jobs, have a look at this article. If you plan to take the exams, you must read the details here before moving ahead with the application.