Checkers has several job options and is a derivative of Shoprite Holdings group. It has several other brands with which they collaborate like Shoprite, Medirite Pharmacy, House & Home, Usave and Compu Ticket. To open a Checker’s franchise, you must also choose from the other options- Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Checkers Liquor Shop, and Checkers Food Services of the Shoprite Holdings group.
They are the largest private sector employer in South Africa. It is also labeled as the primary essential employer of South Africa. They believe that their employees are the backbone of the organization. But to get a job with them, you must fill in an application with them.
Joining Checkers jobs is with its own set of perks and benefits. Apart from reaping a fun-loving environment as a reward, it will also offer new growth and advancement opportunities. Alongwith a decent salary, you can also claim your retirement benefits and can get health coverage and paid time off.
Who is Eligible for Checkers Job Application?
To be eligible for the Checkers job application, you will need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant cannot be less than 16 years old for filling the Checkers job application.
- They need to have a South African ID card to be able to take on the Checkers jobs.
- These applicants will undergo an identity check and must agree to it.
Job positions for Checkers will include roles like security checker, sales representative, assistant branch manager, stock controllers, and sales advisor.
Salary/Pay per hour
Salaries will vary for each job role, experience, education level and different levels in a job.
For an assistant manager the annual salary structure of R 73,133.00-455,921.00.
For a retail store assistant, it is R18k – R85k.
Similarly, for retail stores assistant R38-R91K.
What are Checkers Application Requirements?
Application requirements of the Checkers jobs would include the following;
- Include your education details as part of the Checkers job application.
- Add your past employment history and also more details of the job roles that match those of the present one you apply for.
- Include references for the Checkers job application.
How to apply for checkers job application?
To apply for the Checkers job application, here is what you can do.
- After clicking on the link of Shoprite Holdings, click on the Careers tab, then move to the Join our team option followed by work at our stores.
- It will redirect you to another page where you must fill in the following requirements.
- Add a valid South African ID number.
- Next, answer more about the shifts you wish to choose, the highest education level you have and also other informations about yourself.
- If you are a student who wants to go for a part-time job, you can enter that information.
- Include your name, email address, and cell phone number in the application.
- Once you are done with all the sections of your application, you can then submit the application.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Checkers hiring?
Checkers is hiring everytime there is an opening with them. Either an ongoing position or a new position is what Checkers will advertise. If you find a suitable hiring position, you can apply for it at a go.
Do Checkers pay weekly?
Checkers will give you a weekly payout or a bi-weekly payment option. You can choose any that suits you for getting the payment.
How much does Checkers pay hourly?
Hourly payments are how they manage their workforce salaries. Payments vary like they do in every other place. Different work schedules will also fetch different salaries like a day shift and an evening shift worker will have a variation in their salaries. A customer service associate can get $8.44 every hour. Similarly, a lead cashier can get $13.50 per hour, the cashier will receive $11.50 per hour alongside the checker who can get $9.04 per hour.
If you wish to work at Checkers, you can find more information here about the jobs, application requirements and eligibilities. The article covers every detail about the Checkers jobs and essential information about it.