Sassa grants have saved families from perishing during the pandemic in South Africa. It is one of the best feet forward by the government and there is an R350 grant reaching people every three months. It’s not solving big problems but any money is good money when you get it legally from the government.
With the reconfirmation process in swing, you can let the government know that you still need the SRD grants.
The reconfirmation of the application is necessary as per the new SRD 350 grant application process. Existing applicants must use the online platform for reconfirmation after receiving payments for three months.
When the June payments were made, they were the third instalments, and post-June when the window opened again, it was for updating their information or for answering questions that applicants had to answer on the site. Those who want to go for the October 2022 payments must reconfirm their Sassa application.
How to Reconfirm Sassa application?
To reconfirm the Sassa SRD grant application, follow these below points for a better understanding.
- Visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/ website for conducting the reconfirmation process.
- Find the tab that asks you to reconfirm the existing application. The re-confirmation process is for those who are already receiving the grants since the previous cycle.
- Enter your ID number and telephone number and enter the code sent to your telephone number.
- Add your personal details for reconfirmation of your personal details.
- Include your recent economic situation and then lastly, enter the payment method you wish to receive your SRD grants.
- There are two options- bank accounts or merchant details.
- When you select the bank, you must enter your bank name, account number, and account type.
- If you enter merchants, when approved with pay dates, visit any nearby merchants with your phone number and ID number.
- If you are a new applicant, you must create a new account for yourself.
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who has already received the Sassa grant can reconfirm their application. There is no specific eligibility other than being one continually receiving the grants.
What are Application Requirements?
Primary requirements for the Sassa application grant are;
- Your ID number
- Phone number
- Bank details
- If you want your payment to be made to a merchant then mention the details for that as well.
How to check reconfirm Sassa application status?
When you go ahead to check the application status, you will see the application status for the SRD grants. You will also see the reconfirmation status for all the reconfirmations you do. To go ahead and check the Sassa application status for reconfirmation, here are the steps.
- The first step is to know what you need for reconfirming your Sassa grant application. In this you will need your ID number and the valid cell phone number that you used with the ID for receipt of the Sassa grant for the first time.
- Move to the SASSA SRD website (srd.sassa.gov.za).
- Browse through the options and choose the application status.
- Click on the option that asks you to click on it to check it online.
- Include your ID number and phone number and then press on the Submit tab.
- Those who have applied for the SRD grants can move to the status page to find out more about the status of the SRD reconfirmation application.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can Sassa application be done online?
Yes, Sassa applications can be sent online through their online portal after registering an online account with them.
Is Sassa taking new applications?
Yes, the Sassa new application process is still open and to apply, visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/ website. Once you have filled in the application, you must reconfirm the application at least every three months. Update your current address, and phone and email details as per requirements to reconfirm the Sassa SRD grant application.
The SRD grant is one of the best options for the people of South Africa. It can make things worthwhile for South Africans in every way. If you already took the SRD grants, you can go ahead and reclaim another trimester grant from them if you follow this article.