What is Subsequent HELB Loan application?
If you have done your repayments and you’re a nonbeneficiary, then applying for a Subsequent HELB loan application is the best idea. The higher education loan board was established statutorily in July 1995. The board is operating within Kenya and is governed by a board of directors. Their main aim is the providence of sustainable finance through proper mobilization and management of sustainable resources.
The HELB has announced a second and subsequent loan application for the year 2021/2022.
The loan is open for government-sponsored and self-sponsored programs which are implemented currently in schools both in the public and the private sector.
The application process has been made easy and the application can be done via the HELB mobile app.
How to apply for a subsequent HELB loan online?
To apply for the second and the subsequent HELB loans you’ll have to first initiate downloading of the app. It can be downloaded free of cost from the Google Playstore.
- First, open the app and register with the app to generate a PIN. For generating the PIN ensure the Safaricom number you use for your MPesa is registered in your name.
- Agree to the license agreement as soon as you have logged in.
- Soon after, you’d be asked to enter your first name, the valid country-issued ID number, and an email address to complete your registration process.
- Click on the loans tab and select undergraduate loans.
- Next, click on the apply loan button provided on the undergraduate second and subsequent loan.
- Read and understand the literacy guide and answer the special literacy questions.
- Once you’ve verified your score results click on ‘proceed.’
- From the new window which opens up click to confirm your telephone number by paying up Sh1 to the MPesa number. Don’t pay twice but wait once you have paid it.
- After completely reading the loan agreement, click on the ‘I agree’ tab.
- Now hit the Submit button and you’ll soon receive a message that you have successfully applied. On the message showing your application is successful you will be displayed a loan serial number.
- Next, wait for the HELB to send you a loan status.
How to apply for a second subsequent HELB Loan Application?
The process is very much the same- register your mobile once the app is downloaded, choose the loan application process, and then fill in the details to submit the application form.
The applicants need to submit a few essential documents which are being mentioned below;
- A color passport size photograph
- A fee structure copy
- A personal bank account card copy
- The admission letter provided by the institution
- Disability proofs if any
- If parents are separated you need to furnish a letter from the area chief or a letter from the high school principal.
- Orphans need to submit a death certificate of their parents.
Parents must provide their national ID card, a letter of retirement if they have retired meanwhile and a salary slip of any of the parents.
Guarantors must provide a copy of their national ID and everything should be done in a paperless format.
Also read: Section 8 housing in Arizona (Tempe) Application Form
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
HELB subsequent application deadline for 2021/2022.
The deadline for the application dates was 01st May 2021 till 11:59 pm.
How to get HELB subsequent application form 2022?
Once you download the HELB app, you can get the HELB subsequent application form 2021 from the loans tab and then by maneuvering to the undergraduate loans tab.
Is subsequent HELB loan application open?
Certain loan applications are still open like the maritime education and training scheme competency loan, proficiency loan, and academic loan
For HELB reapplication, the process is not very different from the original application process. If you wish to apply for a second or third time, learn more about it from this segment to get a grip on the situation. Try to find out more about the application process, requirements and eligibility and also a bit around other details from here.