The EWF or the excluded workers fund is a program in New York that helps those workers of New York who have lost their job due to covid and are also not a part of any federal relief program, or any other benefits that are being provided to people.
The covid-19 pandemic has led to so many factories, work centers shut down and so many people have lost their jobs. But to provide help there are many benefits, welfare programs, etc that have been arranged but among them also there are people who are left out without any benefit and the excluded workers fund is for them. Thus in this article, we will give all the details about the EWF program or the excluded workers fund.
How to apply for Excluded Workers Fund Application?
The applications are going on, and the preferred way to apply for the same is the online method. One can apply through any electronic media. Let us thoroughly learn the steps for application on that are written down below:-
- Visit the official website of the excluded workers fund application that is ewf.labor.ny.gov
- From there go to the option which says “new claim”
- Then tap on the option whichever you like. Either your need to use your phone or Gmail an account there.
- Then again login to the account and go to the option which says “apply” this is there on the official website itself
- Next, fill the form and submit
- Keep the form details handy and ready with you to check the status
There are several other eligibility criteria for the excluded workers fund but the basic requirement of this application is as follows:-
A person who has lost a minimum of 50% of work which he or she used to do weekly between the period of 23period,2020 to 1st April 2021. The reasons have to be the inability to work because of the covid-19 pandemic or unemployment of total or partial kind or the death of the bread earner of the family.
The eligibility of the excluded workers fund are as follows:-
- Citizen of New York before and after 27th March 2020. Also, who are presently living here.
- People who have not received any kind of benefits or relief help from the government or other er organizations or federal government
- One’s earnings must be less than $26,208 in the 12 months before April 2021
- And the above-mentioned is the very eligibility for this application.
How to check excluded workers’ fund application status?
With the application id from the website or contact the officials-
800-662-1220 TTY/TTD – English
877-662-4886 TTY/TTD – Español
New York excluded workers fund application Deadline?
The deadline is yet not declared but it seems that the applications will close this month only.
Who are excluded employees under provident fund?
- A person whose pay is Rs 15,000 a month at the time of joining,
- Not living in New York before the 27th of March
- Not a present citizen