www.cput.ac.za online application
Cape Peninsula University of Technology is a centre of higher education and innovation in South Africa. It was established on 1 January 2005 as a result of a merger between Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon. In the Western Cape, CPUT is the only university of technology and it runs several campuses offering more than 70 programs and houses more than 30,000 students.
The online CPUT application has opened for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Several diplomas and degree courses are offered by CPUT. High school pass outs and graduates can apply to their desired courses by submitting the required admission documents and filling up the online application form.
Cape Peninsula University of Technology Online Application Requirements
Although CPUT online application documents requirements vary with different courses, here are the essential documents that need to be submitted for all types of courses.
For South African citizens:
- Copy of payment proof.
- Certified copy of the first page of the Identity Document and Senior Certificate.
- Original Academic Record and a Certificate of Conduct.
- Course specific documents (Like for CPUT nursing online application, applicants have to submit additional documents).
For Non-South African citizens:
- Copy of payment proof.
- Certified copy of passport or refugee permit or permanent residence proof.
- Certified copy of a school-leaving certificate, a scratch card (for students of West African Examination Council & National Examinations Council), and an English translation copy.
- Sixth-year Bulletin which includes Journal and transcripts of results or Confirmation of Results from the Embassy.
- Course-specific documents.
How to Apply for Cape Peninsula University of Technology?
The application process is as follows:
- Applicants can apply to a maximum of three courses either online or paper application (that can be obtained from [email protected]).
- Then, they can upload certified copies of supporting documents. Students can get their documents certified at the police station.
- After this, they can fill the required fields in the application form.
- Further, they need to pay the application fee.
- Finally, they have to submit the completed application form and other relevant documents at the Admissions Office.
How to check application status?
Once students submit the application form, the acknowledgement of the receipt of application would be sent via SMS on the verified mobile number of the students. To track the applications, students need to either visit the website or call the office.
How much is CPUT online application Fee?
The non-refundable application fee is R100 for filing the CPUT application.This application fee is for applicants who are applying before the closing dates. However, students would need to pay an application fee of R150 for submitting the application fee after the closing date.
CPUT Online Application Timeline (opening & Closing Date)
The application to the CPUT undergraduate and postgraduate courses have opened from 28 May 2021. However, the closing dates vary with courses. For some courses, the application closing dates are 30 September 2021 while for courses like Master’s Degree & M.Tech, the applications will be accepted throughout 2021 and the closing deadline is 15 March 2022.