Housing is a difficult pursuit everywhere in the world and so is it in the United States. But the US government has several schemes that work relentlessly for bringing proper housing accommodation to the neediest families. Low-income groups have a hard time managing food, home and other essential utilities like medical needs and internet and telephone needs.
In such circumstances, if these groups can get some help from the government, it works like a miracle in their lives towards making it better.
Section 8 housing facilities bring a sense of relief to low-income groups and families. For the City of Lauderdale, those who wish to apply for the Section 8 housing facilities can secure a safe, clean and decently affordable housing facility with them.
The Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale (HACFL) is completely committed to offering housing facilities under the Section 8 scheme of the government.
Lauderdale housing authority application?
To apply for the Fort Lauderdale Housing authority online, you will need to fulfill the below steps.
- Not that they have an opening everytime but to quantify, you must check their online portal whenever you can. After you find an opening and wish to move ahead with the application, do the required steps.
Go through public listings for Fort Lauderdale Housing vacancies.
- Download the form for their housing facilities and then go ahead and fill it out completely.
- Submit the application form for the Fort Lauderdale Housing Authority to the following address:
The Robert P. Kelley Building
500 West Sunrise Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
What are the Application Requirements?
Application requirements will need to incorporate the following;
- Those having their US citizenship records will need to submit them if they want to qualify for the Housing 8 scheme.
- Your Social security number (SSN) is also a must in this regard for all the family members.
- Individuals applying for the scheme must have salary slips for the past three months that they will need to put forth with their application.
- Disabled individuals (either permanent or temporary) must also submit adequate proof for the same.
- It is considered an income if the money comes from any of the below sources- business income, wages, welfare schemes, interests, social security benefits and even alimony and child support practices.
Who is Eligible?
Only eligible individuals can apply for the Fort Lauderdale housing application. But not everyone can send the authorities an application. The cut off factor that marks the eligibility criteria is the annual income that a family earns in the last assessment year and the current year. If the family is earning 30% of the median income of the area, then in such cases, you can definitely go ahead and apply for the scheme. For those that earn 50% to 90% of the area’s median income can also apply for the scheme. When considering the total income, every family member’s income is considered.
Eligibility criteria for the Fort Lauderdale Housing authority application will include the following;
- Individuals seeking refuge and applying for housing must be 18 years and above.
- Applicants who send in their applications must not earn more than 50% of the area’s median income.
- Their Section 8 housing eviction record must be a clean one.
- Anyone applying for housing must not be a sex offender or must not be convicted of drug-related crimes ever.
- They need to be documented as an eligible citizen of Fort Lauderdale.
- You will readily pay off any debts you have towards any housing authority.
- Individuals must not have violated any of the FSS program essentials.
- People in the family must not be involved in any sort of fraud, bribery or other such activities and have not overlooked any of the essential family obligations.
If and when you may need to contact them, use the below details to learn more.
- Mailing address: 437 SW 4 Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33315
- Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone number for contact: 954-525-6444
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check application status?
Those who have created an online account for themselves in the portal can view their application status by logging into their accounts. On the dashboard, beside the application, they will specify the application status and will update it accordingly.
What is Fort Lauderdale housing authority application approval process?
The Fort Lauderdale Housing Authority application approval process will work in this way.
- The first step begins with your getting the voucher.
- From there you have 60 days to find out approved housing facilities.
- After you start searching for one, ensure you are searching only for facilities enrolled in the housing authority program.
- After you decide on your housing, put forth a Request for Lease Approval (RFLA) and once your lease is approved they will start sending the subsidized rental payments to the landlord directly.
Those in the Fort Lauderdale area can benefit from the program immensely if they happen to fall in the low-income group in that particular area. Earning less does not mean living homeless.