Families within Canada can reunite through the parents and grandparents (PGP) program. IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) is aiming to receive 15000 completed applications and only those sponsors would be considered who submit their applications when the announcements are made for it.
The program is one of the most favoured among permanent residents and immigrants. The only challenge that one needs to overcome for filing these applications will be sponsoring the visit of their parents and grandparents. If someone is ready to take it up then the program can be a boon for those staying apart.
What is the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)?
The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) is a way to connect parents and grandparents to their children who have moved to Canada for their careers. Under this program, you will be able to meet your children only when they agree to sponsor your stay with them.
Those parents who get approval under the scheme will receive permanent residency in Canada. They can also apply for Canadian citizenship eventually during or after the completion of their stay.
You will need to meet your respective provincial government’s office for immigration for knowing the sponsorship requirements.
After they review your income, they will intimate you and will also take another sponsorship undertaking with your respective province.
Who is Eligible for Parents and Grandparent sponsorship?
For being eligible for the parents and grandparents sponsorship scheme, you need to fulfill the following;
- You must complete a sponsor form on the IRCC website during the given time duration.
- Individuals who plan to shift their families must be 18 years or older.
- The son or daughter must be a permanent resident of Canada or a registered Indian under Canadian Indian art.
- Proof of your stay in Canada must also be given during your sponsorship application.
- You will also need to provide your income proof to the government and if married people apply they can combine the income of the applicant and their spouse.
- Provide an undertaking signed by the sponsor whereby you will need to agree to the below mentioned points;
- The sponsored candidates must receive monetary support for 20 years from the time they are incepted.
- Any social assistance benefits must be paid to the sponsored’s family for a 20 year old span.
- If the sponsor resides in a certain county that requires extra undertaking, that too must be submitted.
What are Application Requirements?
You have an extended list of application documents necessary for the parents and grandparents sponsorship.
|Invitation to Apply Letter|
|Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)|
|IMM 5768 (Financial Evaluation)|
|Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)|
|Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)|
|Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669|
|Family Information (IMM 5406)|
|Use of Representative (IMM 5476)|
- Upload proof of residency in Canada which could be your birth certificate, citizenship certificate, and passport and secure certificates.
- For a co-signer, submit a marriage certificate.
- Principal applicant’s relationship to the sponsor
- Travel documents or passport
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume
- Military experience details
Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2023 in Canada
Do not fill out the parents and grandparents sponsorship application form unless you are invited to do so otherwise, your application might get rejected.
Head to the Permanent Residentship site and find out the application you need to fill out.
- Enter your details as a sponsor usually your personal, tax-related, and work-related details.
- Add information about your parents and grandparents including their personal and professional details. Follow the prompts and keep adding information for the parents and grandparents.
- Finally, add all the relevant documents and complete them.
- Complete the Parent’s and grandparents’ applications and then submit them.
Benefits of the parents and grandparents program would include fulfilling the following;
- You can reunite with your family and will get free healthcare.
- As an applicant, you will have the right to apply for citizenship and also arrange for work in Canada if you wish.
- You will get the benefits of permanent residency.
There is much more to the list of benefits if you take part in the parents and grandparents program.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check Parents and grandparents sponsorship status?
You can check the Parents and grandparents sponsorship status by going online. Log in by using your username and password and then add the application details like number and other details to read the sponsorship status that can take even years to go through the approval process.
To know more about it, you can refer to their permanent resident site for more details. If you already have been invited, you can read this article to understand where you stand in terms of the application requirements and eligibility criteria and what you might need to scale for taking your application ahead.