ASDA offers an ASDA Blue Light card, in fact, and is reinstating the same Blue Light credit card back in the market. The credit card is capable of offering a 10% discount service with it. The company hopes to help people manage the growing market demands. It serves the United Kingdom service personnel and works in Wales and Ireland.
Emergency service people come under the Blue Light card services and include;
|Royal Air Force
|Reserve Armed Forces
|Highways England Traffic Officer
|Search and Rescue
|Social Care Workers
|Lowland Search and Rescue
|HM Armed Forces Veterans
|St Andrews Ambulance
|St John Ambulance
|HM Prison Service
|UK Visas and Immigration
|MoD Fire Service
What is Blue Light Card?
The card offers public sector workers discounts across different stores. Members of the ASDA Blue Light card pay £4.99 to register for a two-year access period.
There are a total of 15000 discounts being provided from large retailers to small businesses. It includes holidays, cars, fashion, insurance, gifts, phones, days out, and other services.
Blue Light card application
Step 1- To apply for the Blue Light credit card, you need to register first with the Blue Light Card site.
Step 2- If you want to register, you will need an ID, or recent payslips and a [payment of £4.99.
Step 3- After registering for the card, you must click on the Apply tab to start the application process.
Step 4- Add your personal, financial, and professional-related details to complete the application process.
Step 5- Submit the application and you can regularly return to the application to check its status from your online account.
Also Read: How to Apply for JetBlue Credit Card?
Blue Light Card Application Requirements
The credit card requirements for the ASDA are;
- Payslip or NHS card
- Police service, ambulance service, fire service, HMPPS, NHS Dental Practice, HM Armed Forces, MoD civil service, or fire services payslips. You can also show other kinds of payslips.
- As an applicant, you must be 18 years or more.
Who is Eligible?
The Blue Light card eligibility checker includes the following eligibility criteria.
- You need to be a citizen of any of the counties where Blue Light credit card facilities are available.
- As an applicant, you need to have a suitable income to maintain the credit card
- Your home address must be valid and you should be living at that address for a particular period.
How to get ASDA Blue light card online?
The ASDA credit card can be used in any of the ASDA’s physical and online stores in Iceland. If you want to try the credit card somewhere else, you must visit their partner stores like New Look, Body Shop, and River Island. Even discounts are available with Malone, Fat Face, and Mountain Warehouse.
ASDA Blue light card discount
The ASDA discount includes the following;
- When shopping for £45 or more, you can save £6.
- If you are an existing customer, you can save up to £2 when spending £60 or more through online transactions.
- New Look offers a 20% discount only on the New Look full prices.
- A 10% discount is the most one can get out of products being sold on the platform.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can teachers get a Blue Light card?
Many kinds of professional workers qualify for the ASDA Blue card but sadly teachers don’t qualify for it.
What are the benefits of a Blue Light card?
Shops offer different kinds of discounts including free meal packs or other kinds of discounts on the products they sell.
Where can Blue Light card be used?
It can be used in any of the Blue Light stores whether online or offline. It can also be used in other approved stores where offers may vary from that of Blue Light stores.
How long do Blue Light cards take to arrive?
The delivery of the ASDA Blue Light card might take up to 21 days (3 weeks) to arrive.
Several occupation types are covered under the Blue Light card and if you belong to one of these professions, use this article to know more about the credit card. If you need the card, think about what it can do to you on a daily basis before applying.