The old Bula Tsela retail scheme allows Black South Africans to apply for and buy their shares. Shareholders will receive a share of the dividends annually which is ideally their profit and can also get a part of the capital growth in the company. But, when there is a drop in the price of the shares, you too will have to be a part of it.
Bula Tsela shares will allow you to own old mutual shares.
The scheme is primarily for Black South Africans who want to invest in RetailCo shares. Any Black South African can earn from the South African equity market and through it, South Africans can get financial benefit inclusions easily.
They have three different types of the scheme- retail, employee and community scheme are the three different types of schemes.
Bula Tsela Shares Application Requirements
What would you need to apply for Bula Tsela shares?
- You must have a certified ID copy that is no less than 3 months old.
- Provide your address proof that should be any way older than 3 months.
- You need to have a bank account and to apply insert the bank account details.
- If you are buying it for children, you need to give their unabridged birth certificate in addition to a certified ID of your parents.
If an entity or organization is planning to invest, they need to invest in the following;
- Resolutions that authorize individuals must also be incorporated.
- The CM1 and CM2/ certificate of incorporation or close corporation CK1 must be added.
- An address proof that cannot be older than 3 months must be added.
- Bank details proof also should be added.
- B-BBEE certificate or a sworn affidavit valid until 31st December 2022 must be incorporated.
- One must add the dividend withholding tax form alongwith the application
- A shareholder’s list of those who have more than 25% of the shares must be provided.
Who is Eligible?
Bula Tsela share application requirements will include the following;
- Only Black South Africans can get this benefit.
- The individuals who participate must be earning lower incomes.
- A minimum of 200 retail shares for R2000 with upfront payments and if they don’t have this amount, they can buy 100 shares for R1000 that can be paid in 12 months.
- If you are an old employee of the old Mutual fund, you can still apply for their shares.
Bula Tsela Shares Application
There are four ways to apply for the Bula Tsela application.
- Online application through their site is possible.
- Use their telephone number 087 015 0395 to apply.
- Complete your application offline and mail them to [email protected].
- Visit their offices to apply right on the spot.
There are a total 6 offices with one each in Gauteng (Singular Systems at 25 Scott Street, Waverly, Johannesburg, 2090), Eastern Cape (Old Mutual at Shop No. 23, Umthatha City Shopping Center, Sutherland Street, Umthatha 5100), Limpopo (Old Mutual at Shop No. 2, Quadlux Building 68c, Landdros Mare Street, Polokwane, 0700), Free State (Old Mutual at Shop No. B19a, Middestad Mall Corner West Burger and Charles Street, Bloemfontein, 9300), Western Cape (Singular System Unit F01E, Brookside Office Park, 11 Imam Haron Road, Claremont, Cape Town, 7708 Old Mutual at Client Service Center, Mutualpark, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7450) and KwaZulu Natal (Old Mutual at 385 Smith Street, Durban, 4001).
- The first step is to sign up with the website and then after you click on the Apply button, start by tapping on the Application form. Choose between individual, incorporated entity, trust and un-incorporated entity for the first step.
- In the second step, add the investor details like personal, professional and educational details.
- Incorporate the bank details and then in the fourth step, add the user details.
- Step 5 will be to get into the Bula Tsela elections.
How to Check Application Status?
Sign in to your site and then find out the application whose status you want to find out. By simply clicking on it, you can get to know the application status.
What are the Contact Details?
In South Africa, you can use the following contact details to reach them out in times of need.
1. Customer Care number is 0860 50 60 70.
2. International customer care number is +27 21 509 2765 and Johannesburg switchboard: +27 (0)11 217 1000 whereas Cape Town switchboard: +27 (0)21 509 9111.
You can also email your doubts to [email protected].
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Bula Tsela shares banking details?
You need to invest through your bank account and each year if they give you a dividend, it will roughly be equal to the amount you’d get if you put the money in the bank. At the end of your lock period which can be anything between 5 to 10 years, you will get back your R1000 and can be a bit more or a bit less depending on the share price of the company shares in the market. You can also sell your shares to someone at this stage.
The Bula Tsela shares are a scope open for black South Africans within the nation. Before investing you must know the application requirements and also be aware of the eligibility criteria. Know how to fill out the application form beforehand quickly fill it later.