The low-income groups face a standard red-tapism issue all over the world as investors do not believe they can choose the right for themselves. Investments are very less for them and they never find any real investors. To mitigate it, the government of Cook County is accepting applications from the extremely underprivileged masses.
Under this program, Cook County citizens will be eligible for $500 per month income for a period of 2 years if they fall 250% below the Federal poverty income level. The program will consider 3250 applicants out of the many applications that come forth. The decision will be made through a lottery whereby all these 3250 residents will be given the benefit. From a single house, only one resident can apply for the pilot program.
Cook County pilot program application Online
To apply for the Cook County Promise Guaranteed Income Pilot program, you will need to visit their website promisepilot.com
- Once you’re there, you will need to click on the Start Application tab.
- Add your personal information like your name, address, phone number, email address and other details.
You will receive a valid code in your phone number and email address. Add the code for them to know they are valid details.
- In the next segment, include your income-related information including the number of family members you have and the amount each of them earns.
- Past criminal records must be added and if on parole that too needs to go in.
What are the Application Requirements?
Application requirements are not complicated at all for the Cook County Pilot Program.
- You will need a valid phone number and a working email address for the Cook County Pilot program.
- Proofs of total income within the household are a must for the applicants to submit for verification.
- Those participating in any other public benefits will need to intimate them. Most of the public benefits refrain from participating in any other similar programs.
- Details for the number of caregiving children must be mentioned.
Who is Eligible for Cook County Pilot Program?
To be eligible, the Cook County Pilot program requires applicants to fulfil the following;
- Only Cook County, Illinois residents can apply.
- Anyone willing to apply must be 18 years and above in age.
- The income level of your household must be 250% below the Federal Poverty Level.
- Criminal records will need to be stated if any.
- Irrespective of your immigration status you can apply as long as the applicant lives in Cook County.
The benefits of the Cook County Pilot Program involve the following advantages:
- It will improve the mental, financial and physical wellbeing of the individuals.
- A guaranteed income program will reduce the inflation rate within the country.
- If the pilot project is successful, it will help scale the project further to the next level.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to Check Cook County Program Application Status?
You will get a mail or call confirmation from them once your Cook County application is accepted or declined.
What are the Application Deadlines?
The Cook County application opens on the 6th of October and remains open until the 21st of October. Those who wish to apply must take the next step of filling out the application before the deadline. Applicants will need to complete Phase II by 28th October.
To understand more about it starting by reading more about the process is essential. Once you know what the pilot program is all about and what you can expect from it if you apply, you can apply better. Also if you are already a part of any other public program, check with them if you can still be eligible. Additionally, find out more about the program from this link. A webinar will come up for the community groups who wish to participate to understand how to best fill out the application form on 11th October 2022 at 5 pm CT.