Canadian citizens can try to support their living while taking care of their near and dear ones by going for the Family Caregiver Benefit application and subsequently getting assigned with appropriate funds.
The situation is challenging as schools, regular programs, and different facilities have shut down their business due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are meant for those who are managing young children below 12 years or a sick person at home. Eligible people can apply for the CRCB facility and, if approved, can receive $500 every week as remuneration.
Steps for Family Caregiver Benefit application
Applying for the Family Caregiver Benefit is possible either via phone or online mode.
To apply via phone, call them at 1-800-959-8281.
If you wish to apply via the online platform, here’s the process.
- Visit the official website to complete the application process for enjoying the family caregiver benefits. Scroll down a bit and find the blue tab that says to start the application process, click on that one.
- On the next page, you can read all about the application and then scroll down a bit further to reach the Start application page.
- Start the application by mentioning, if you are trying to open an application you began in the past 3 days’ time.
- If it’s a ‘Yes’ provide the application details to fish out the previous application, and if it’s a ‘No’ you will then be taken to the next page. Add the benefit type. If you choose self-employed people, it opens up a different page for you.
- Mention your group code or reference code by clicking on yes from this segment.
- Mention the type of benefits you aim at, including an employment insurance benefit, from the list of provided options.
- Further, fill in the following information;
- Your social security information
- Name, date of birth, and gender
- Add the last name or birth date of your parents.
Complete the rest of the information required for filing the family caregiver benefit application, and submit the form along with the relevant documents.
What are the Application Requirements
There are a lot of requirements to pre-check before filling up the application form, and you can check your relevant details from the given site.
- Your address for the last 52 weeks.
- Your employer details and the reason for quitting those jobs with details.
- Complete mailing address, details of the person who requires caregiving, and social insurance number (SIN).
- Provide banking information for making direct deposits to your account
- Medical certificate from a physician or institute regarding a patient if critically ill or impaired.
- Choose the eligibility period as most of the periods are non-functional except for a few.
- Based on the chosen period, the last application date will appear.
- Answer questions about income tax filing, and CRA current registrations, choose to set up a direct deposit and check if it impacts your social benefits.
How to qualify as a family caregiver?
To become a family caregiver, you must be a family member.
The employment insurance family caregiver will help provide a temporary income source for the person employed.
To become a family caregiver, you must be 18 years and above.
The person must be caring enough and must be capable of handling the required duties.
Can a family member get paid to be a caregiver in Canada?
Yes, a family caregiver will be a family member and will get paid through the Family Benefit Caregiver Program.
The Family Benefit Caregiver program is a good way to keep earnings alive while caring for the sick and the disabled. Read more about it in this article.