Scholarships are a backbone for students who cannot arrange for their own finances. Most students do not have a suitable family or financial backup, and some are wise to not quit their studies early. Those who strive to advance are frequently assisted by various scholarship programs. Usually, students have numerous options to choose from, and most scholarships cover a good portion of their study costs. But there is one scholarship that can solve your problem immensely, and it goes by the name of the Horatio Alger Scholarship.
What is Horatio Alger scholarship?
One of the largest national college scholarships, Horatio Alger, is still open for students planning to pursue their higher education in the United States. The scholarship is meant for those who have had to overcome difficult times to make up for their studies. It is financed by the scholars and Horatio Alger members. The scholarship is capable of providing aid to almost fifty states in the US, including the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
How to apply for Horatio Alger State scholarship?
- Click on the Apply Now link available here.
- In the beginning, take the eligibility quiz, where you need to answer your four questions. State your family income, plans for your bachelor’s degree, confirmation of your US citizenship, and also your high school student status.
- Next, you need to create an account for yourself or sign in with existing available account details.
- Fill in the form for the scholarship hereafter and then submit it. The sections you will need to answer include your name, birth date, age, other demographic details, and also your education, income, and other related information. Essentially, the segments can be broadly classified as follows:
- Personal information
- Education related details
- Any other co-curricular details you might have participated in
- Include your income related information as well as your family’s income.
- Suitable identities need to be added, including address proof and age proof.
What documents are required for Horatio Alger state scholarship?
The documents required for Horatio Alger scholarships will include the following:
- Your financial record receipts must be added to the application.
- Education details must be added, including proof of the GPA scores.
- Co-curricular activity proof must be submitted with the application.
- Residential and age proof need to be added to your application.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger state scholarship if you fulfil the following;
- You will need to be a citizen of the United States.
- Your preferred language should be English.
- A full-time college enrollment is a must to start the Horatio Alger application process.
- Financial needs must be critical, and the family income must be in the range of $55,000 or lower.
- An individual involved in community services and co-curricular activities will have easy access.
- Students in the programme must stand out by persevering and being integral members in overcoming various types of adversities.
- A GPA of 2.0 is a must for those who wish to win the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants can call (844) 422-4200 or email them to [email protected].
You can also visit the website and fill out the web form for more information through this link: contact-us.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
When is the Horatio Alger scholarship due?
The application was open from December 1 to March 15, 2023, and it covers undergraduate courses at colleges and universities in the United States.
How much is the Horatio Alger scholarship?
The Horatio Alger scholarship amount is $25,000 and is given to a total of 106 candidates. These candidates need to be interested in attending college within the periphery of the United States.
Is Horatio Alger scholarship legit?
It is a 100 percent legitimate program, and scholarships are granted every year. Apply if you fulfil all the eligibility criteria for the Horatio Alger scholarship.
Here is what you need to know about the Horatio Alger scholarship. The application is to be filled out by those students who have continued educating themselves despite the hardships they face and mitigate on an everyday basis. Reading more about the scholarship program will enable the applicants to fend for themselves better.