The Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA) launched online registration for the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) on April 30, 2021.
The PhilSys is the Philippine Government’s central identification platform for recognizing Filipino citizens and resident aliens of the Philippines. The PhilID is a valid identity proof required for transactions with the government and private sector.
Philippine identification system online registration is already ongoing and so far, 1,052,861 Filipinos have registered through the Step 1 online registration process of the PhilSys. The online registration process has been implemented to minimize the health risks of Filipinos.
What Documents Are Required?
Documents required for applying for PhilID are:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Birth
- Identification document which has the full name, front-facing photo, and signature or thumb impression. This may include Employee ID, School ID, City/Municipal ID. Barangay ID or Barangay Certificate.
- DFA-issued Philippine Passport or e-Passport
- GSIS or SSS Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card.
- Land Transportation0, given Student License Permit or Non-Professional Driver’s License.
- LCRO-issued birth certificate
- PSA-issue Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines Identification Card
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- NBI Clearance
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- Police Clearance
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s IS
- Postal ID
- TIN ID
- Philhealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- A national ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
How to register.philsys.gov.ph National ID online registration?
You can click the register.philsys.gov.ph national ID online registration link to proceed with the registration process. After visiting the site, enter your email or telephone number to start the registration steps.
- Step 1 consists of applicants who can register the demographic information such as their name, sex, DOB, blood group, and address on the PSA’s online portal for national ID registration. Users will also need to provide their marital status, contact number, and email id.
They can then set up an appointment with the nearby registration center.
- Step 2 consists of visiting the physical registration centre where bio-metric information like the fingerprint, iris scan, and photo will be taken.
Also, the supporting documents will be scrutinized and approved.
- Step 3 consists of issuance of the PhilSys Number (PSN) and the PhilID which will be directly delivered at the address of the individual by PHLPost in some days.
Benefits of www.register.philsys.gov.ph National ID?
The PhilSys project tries to issue PhilID and recognize all citizens of the Philippines whether they are natives or aliens from all parts of the country including the most remote locations, poor people, people residing in geographically isolated and disadvantageous areas, and people with disabilities.
- With PhilSys ID, the people will gain access to financial, social protection health services, education, and other government services.
- Reduces chances of fraudulent activities.
- Promotes ease of doing both government and private sector business.
- Promotes trust in digital government and the digital economy.
- Provides enhanced control of the Philippine residents over their personal data.
How to get a National ID application form PDF Philippines 2022?
Those who directly want to access the PDF file for national ID online registration can click the link here.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can foreign nationals get Philippine National ID?
Yes, the Philippine National ID is for everyone including foreign nationals also.
How long does it take to get PhilSys ID delivered?
It can take almost 6 months to get the PhilSys ID after you complete the registration form.
PhilSys ID is one of the best ID cards you can carry to perform the same tasks you can perform by flashing your other ID cards. However, the PhilSysID card is not a replacement for any other national ID card. Read all requisite information from here if you are a foreign national trying for a PhilSys ID you can try reading this article for better knowledge. Also, if you are a native, you can read the different necessary requirements here.