What is the Queens supplementary application?
Most colleges that consider only grades for admissions fail to inculcate many bright minds who might have done great for themselves in a field other than academics.
Admission to Queens is not easy and definitely not dependent on your grades. However, students applying to Queens must understand that it is not only their grades that are important but also their extracurricular activities.
They have a good platform where sharing supplemental information is easy and ensures it reaches the right hands, influencing the decision-making of your trip to Queens.
Supplementary information includes supplementary essays, an audition, or a portfolio in addition to your academic record. Everyone applying at Queens will need to follow a to-do list. It will enlist details that work best to support your admissions, apart from your grades.
Supplementary application-dependent admissions differ from one year to the next. However, it depends on a number of other factors.
- It depends on the number of applicants taking part in the program.
- Each year, participants are assessed based on the academic strengths they leverage.
- The number of available vacant spaces also helps determine the number of students who would enter the university as per the supplemental information available in the application.
How to answer Queens supplementary application?
To answer Queens supplementary essay questions, here is what you must know.
- A large question bank will be targeted, and three questions will be randomly assigned to each student.
- Every answer is limited to 300 to 350 words, or an average of 2000 characters.
- The first day would be the day you open your questions, and one needs to submit questions within 30 days from that date.
- Write your answers in your own words and incorporate passionate writing.
- Do not wait until the last days, start early.
- If you do not have a lot of volunteer and leadership experience, aim each answer at a specific question.
- Discuss your way of contributing to the Queens community.
- Use a hook to captivate your readers.
Once you know the tips and tricks move ahead and use the following process to apply for supplemental application.
- Visit the Queens supplemental application site https://my.queensu.ca./
- Use your NETID and password to login to your Student Center.
- Press the SOLUS tab from the upper right corner of your dashboard.
- Go to the Admissions tab and choose your application.
- From the left-hand bar, select and begin using Personal Statement and Supplemental Statement.
- Once done, press the submit tab to complete the Queen’s supplementary essay.
Which programs in Queens might need supplementary information?
There are several programs under which the supplementary application might seem beneficial.
- Commerce programs
- Health Sciences
- Nursing AST (Advanced Standing Track) and any other nursing science program
- Music and other music-related fields
- Fine Arts
- Visual Arts
What are the supplementary documents required to be submitted?
The following documents are required for a supplementary application:
|Subject requiring supplementary application||Requirement||Last date of submission|
|Commerce related subject||Supplementary Essay||15th February|
|Health Sciences||Supplementary Essay||15th February|
|Upper-year commerce program||Supplementary Essay||It is available beginning the first week of March and can be completed until the 15th of June.|
|Nursing, including AST Nursing||Supplementary Essay||15th February is the last date|
|Music, Music Theater||Audition||Dates are revealed at certain times|
|Fine Art & Concurrent Education Fine Art||Portfolio submission is essential||15th February|
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the deadline for the submission of supplementary information?
Supplementary information submission deadlines are revealed with relevant supplementary application details each year. The deadlines throughout the years will vary, and students might be asked to submit different details while moving from one year to another.
Why is supplementary application so important?
Most of them may not have the right grades to be part of Queens University but might be eligible enough. But proving eligibility becomes an issue if only grades are considered for evaluation. But with Queens, it is different as students get to showcase their eligibility by proving their mettle through different platforms. It basically highlights the student’s knack and also shows the selectors that even though they did not get the right grades, they still invested their time in a way that was acceptable to the university.
Here’s all about the supplementary application information for Queens. If you have plans to join them next year or during these coming sessions, do not restrain yourself. Go ahead and do what you are best at; use those points to answer your questions, and it’s very likely that you can see yourself at Queens soon.