Vaccinated Travel Lane [VTL]
COVID has changed every aspect of our lives. From the way we interact to the way we work, it’s hard to think of a possible aspect that hasn’t been affected by the pandemic. Now, we are talking about the “new normal”. This shows how much the pandemic had affected every human being on the planet. The way we travel hasn’t gone untouched either. It is not that the travel has stopped altogether, but now it comes with tons of restrictions and several other travel documents.
What Is Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) Portal Singapore?
Nowadays, every country seems to come up with ways to reduce the impact of the Coronavirus on their soil. This means restricting travel or rather making sure that the traveler isn’t COVID positive.
One such way devised by Singapore is the introduction of the Vaccinated Travel Pass as the new mandatory travel document. To those people who will be traveling from other countries to Singapore, they will need to apply for VTL 7 to 60 days before their traveling date.
How To Get Vaccinated Travel Lane Application Form?
To make international travel free from any threats posed by COVID, Singapore has come with a plan to implement Vaccinated Travel Lanes. According to it, people from certain countries can travel to Singapore, given they have the Vaccinated Travel Pass.
To get the travel form, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit this site.
- Click on “Create New VTP Application.”
- Enter your name and a valid e-mail ID.
- On the email ID, you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP.
Now, you will be redirected to the application form online.
How To Apply For Vaccinated Travel Pass Singapore?
After you reach the online form, all you have to do is to fill in the details that are asked. Fill it correctly and double-check all the details before hitting the submit button.
How To Check The VTL Singapore Application Status?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status of the VTL application:
- Visit this site.
- You will find two options “Create New VTP Application” and “Check VTP Application Status”.
- Click on the latter option.
- Enter the following details;
- Document Type
- Intended Date of Arrival in Singapore.
- Enter the captcha correctly, and hit “check”.
Vaccinated Travel Lane Singapore To Malaysia Details
As per the info mentioned on the site singaporeair.com, VTL is being finalized with Malaysia. It means that as of now, Malaysian passengers are not eligible for VTL. They will be eligible for it once it is finalized. It will start on 29th November 2021.
Vaccinated Travel Lane Singapore To Germany Details
Germany is one of the VTL countries. Hence, people traveling from Singapore to Germany are eligible for a VTP. For Germany below are the requirements for traveling:
- The traveler should have a negative PCR test result. They will need to upload the test result and vaccination certificates on the portal within 72 before departure.
- If the traveler is below 12 years of age, he/she needs to show a negative PCR result. Or else, the traveler will require to undergo quarantine.
- Every traveler above the age of 12 will be treated as an adult as per the requirements.
VTL enables people to travel between eligible countries and Singapore with relative ease. Even though times are not favorable, this helps in establishing a new normal. It requires some additional documents, but thanks to those documents, you don’t need to undergo quarantine. This saves valuable time and money too and is a great way to restore some degree of normalcy to the travel.
The following are the requirements:
- Vaccination certificates are required.
- Should have a negative PCR or ART test within two days of departure.
- You need travel insurance providing coverage of at least S$30,000 for COVID-related treatment.
- You shouldn’t have traveled to any country apart from Singapore or VTL countries within 14 days of your departure.
VTL Singapore Countries List
The following countries are in VTL country with Singapore:
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- Malaysia (From 29th November 2021)
VTL Flights Singapore To Malaysia Dates
The VTL flights between both countries will start from 29th November 2021, as confirmed by the PMs of both nations. Initially, there will be 6 VTL flights operating between the two countries. Other details will be announced as time unfolds itself.
VTL Flights Singapore To Malaysia Timing
The announcement was made on November 8. As time passes, gradually all the announcements and information will be issued, including the flight timings between Singapore and Malaysia. The VTL flights between the countries will operate between Changi Airport of Singapore and Kuala Lumpur International Airport of Malaysia.
VTL Flights Fees
The prices depend on the location you want to travel to. For rough estimates, the VTL flight to London will cost you around S$1081.9, while a trip to Paris will cost almost S$958.2. Similarly, the prices will differ for different places.