Emergency awards are rare, and when they are there, you need to grab the opportunity. Students have very little opportunity in this area; however, they can take up the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) option.
The TMCF is one of the best options available for COVID-19-related emergency issues. The award amount can be up to $3000, and up to $1000 is given at a time.
What is TMCF Covid 19 emergency award?
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) offers COVID-19 emergency financial help to students. They are supposed to be students at one of the 47 historically approved Black colleges and universities or predominantly Black institutions.
TMCF will cover expenses in the following five or six areas.
- The technological needs include a laptop, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and even e-book access codes.
- Mental health-related issues like charges for therapist appointments
- Food related needs include groceries.
- Housing and rent related needs like rent, utility bills, and even mortgage payments.
- Transportation like gas, repairs, plane or bus tickets, and other essential requirements while travelling.
How to Apply for Thurgood Marshall College Fund scholarship?
To apply for a TMCF scholarship, you must follow the below steps.
- Create an account for yourself or login to your already created account.
- If you do not have an account, you need to register yourself by adding the following information.
- Add your name, personal email, mobile number, other telephone numbers, and complete mailing address.
- Next, add your password-related details in the next segment.
- Upload your expense invoice receipts from the four expense areas.
- Fill in your personal details, educational qualifications, and other essential information.
You can also apply by emailing them your information… Use the email ID available in the link.
Who is Eligible for TMCF Scholarship?
You’d be eligible for the TMCF scholarship if you fulfilled the following conditions:
- You need to be a full-time, sophomore, junior, or senior student for the current academic year of 2022–2023.
- At the very least, you must be a legal resident or a US citizen with a valid permanent resident card or a passport with an I-551 stamp.
- They must be Black or non-Hispanic.
- Students need to submit proofs demonstrating their financial needs.
- Your current cumulative grade has to be 3.0 or higher.
- A two-minute video is required, and you must submit it.
- You also need to show how your education will benefit you, your family, and the whole community.
What documents are required for TMCF Scholarship?
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund(TMCF)application requires the following documents;
- Complete an online application.
- Add your resume.
- Write an essay for TMCF of at least 500 words.
- Provide your unofficial, recent transcript.
- Send your FAFSA report (Student Aid Report).
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the Thurgood Marshall College Fund scholarships deadline?
The TMCF scholarship opens on September 6, 2022, and the deadline is August 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. EST.
How does it work?
After you apply, your application will be thoroughly reviewed to determine whether you truly require assistance in any of the aforementioned areas. If you are approved, you will get a letter from them, and once you receive the mail, you will need to follow the process mentioned in the mail. Complete the process, and then you are all set to receive help from them.
Learn more about the TMCF scholarship from this article so that you can confidently start your application process. Also, find out what you will need to send your application to them and start preparing ahead of your application date.