Scholarship programs are an essential part of education. They are helpful for students who cannot afford to study, especially for courses that require high fees. Therefore, the government and some public organizations initiate scholarships with specific criteria. As a result, applicants satisfying the eligibility get scholarships.
Utah’s private research university, BYU (Brigham Young University), now offers scholarships to students. However, there are a few requirements that students must remember to get a BYU Scholarship. Let’s learn more about it.
What is a BYU Scholarship Application?
Brigham Young University was founded in 1875 and is one of the prevalent research education facilities. Every year the private institution accepts over 10,000 students. The entrance depends on ACT and GPA scores.
The renowned University provides financial aid to students via scholarship programs. They are based on the student’s academic merit and financial circumstances. Additionally, only students with top-notch performances and academic excellence will get access to BYU with scholarships. These scholarships are for two semesters once granted.
Students must meet all the eligibility criteria and requirements for BYU Scholarship Application. Let’s discuss all of them.
What are its eligibility criteria?
Following are the eligibility criteria for BYU scholarships.
- Students must score at least 3.60 BYU grade points. Also, they should maintain the score throughout the semesters.
- Students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for the academic year 2023-2024 and send it to BYU.
- Students should apply for two semesters for each academic year. (except for students serving at Latter-day Saint mission.)
- All students applying for scholarships must have passed GPA or ACT as mentioned in the course guideline. So, read the criteria of each course to learn the minimum GPA and ACT requirements.
What are the requirements?
Students must verify their preferred course requirements once they meet the eligibility criteria. So, here are the requirements for BYU scholarship applications:
- Scholarship programs are given to students depending on the fall and winter semesters. Additionally, each student is required to maintain 12 credits throughout the semester.
- Students must submit an Essay Portion specifying why they need a scholarship. Also, they should mention why BYU should accept their scholarship applications.
- Submission of identity-related documents is a must.
- Students must produce financial proof.
- ACT, GPA, FAFSA, and SAT scores according to a course.
Note: University discontinues scholarship applications when students fail to maintain credit requirements.
How to apply for BYU Scholarship Application?
Brigham Young University is now accepting scholarship applications from students. It applies to the current academic year.
Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the BYU Scholarship Application:
- Open ‘enrollment.byu.edu’ on any web browser.
- Click on the ‘Apply For Scholarships’ button.
- Create your account or log in with your Net ID and password.
- Enter your primary details, such as first and last name and email ID.
- Fill out all the essay and financial need sections.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Click on ‘Submit.’
University will verify all applications and then send you the approval. Consequently, selected students will receive concessions.
How to contact BYU Enrollment Services?
Students can contact BYU via phone at: 8014224104
You can also send your queries to the institute at their online portal.
Email address of BYU enrollment services: [email protected]
What are off-campus scholarships?
Students can get off-campus scholarships at BYU Financial Aid Office. Typically, the institute mails it to the students. Furthermore, students will receive a check in their bank once the credits are verified. It takes 3-4 weeks.
Freshman admissions for the current academic year have already started. So, interested students can apply for fall 2023 and winter 2024 admissions at the BYU online portal. Fall 2023 application deadline was 15th December 2022, and Winter 2024 application deadline is 1st August 2023. Hence, you must check the requirements for your preferred course that you want to cover in scholarships.
Brigham Young University manages tuition fees under scholarships that benefit underprivileged students. You can also apply and fulfill your dream of studying at this prestigious private research university.