What is the NSFAS application?
NSFAS application is an application for a facility that is provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) under the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) where disadvantaged students get the facility from the government if they wish to study further.
This entity will be applicable if the students want to study in governmental institutions or TVET colleges. The disadvantaged students will only receive help on financial grounds and have to apply for the same to get the facilities.
Every year the application opens during September and goes on still November December. Similarly this year also the grants for this financial aid will open in September. 1st September the applications will open and one can apply.
The closing date for the NSFAS applications 2022 is the 30th of November 2021 end of the day.
How to get NSFAS application form pdf download?
To get the NSFAS application form pdf all you need to do is first visit their official website and fill the form. After you have completed filling the form you will require taking a printout of that form before submitting it. The download option is available there and tapping on that will lead you to download the form.
How to apply for NSFAS application form online?
Follow the steps that are there to apply for the NSFAS form:-
- Go to the official website from your web browser
- Check on the myNSFAS Button given on the top right corner.
- This will redirect you to https://my.nsfas.org.za/. Create your new account if not created yet.
- Now click on Apply now button and fill all the asked details correctly.
- In the end hit submit button to submit your application. That’s it
How to check application status?
To check the status of your application all you will need is the unique ID that you received after you submitted your form. With this id, you can check your status. All you need to do is follow the steps below:-
- Go to a web browser and write” NSFAS application status”
- Enter unique ID
- Tap to check
- Documents of parents, guardian/spouse
- Income of parents/guardian/spouse
- Acceptance/registration proof at a university or TVET college
- Disadvantaged documents of the applicant
- Applicants income